Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone able to negotiate a good discount on a hard tonneau cover for a G2 at the time of purchase? What is a reasonable discount one could expect?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm working to get a deal from the salesman on my 2020 Ridgeline Sport
I just purchased last week. He told me $1,047 plus tax installed. I told him
I would go $875 with tax installed. (my son can get me the Extang hard fold 2.0 for that price through work)
I'll find out tomorrow. He's also getting me the trunk dividers at no charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The install on the OEM is very easy. Remove the tie down brackets and replace with the brackets for the tonneau. Less than an hour taking my time and being meticulous. You will need a torx T-50 bit socket. So if you don't already have one, factor that into your cost. Another nice thing about ordering from College Hill, as mentioned above, was no tax charged shipping it to my state at least. That another 7.5% in savings in my state.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
472 Posts
Like Mike said, installing a tonneau cover (especially the OEM) is pretty straight-forward. If you can handle Ikea furniture you'll have no issues. So I'd work out what price you can find it for on-line, what premium you'd pay to have the dealer install and walk away if you don't think you're getting value.

The advantage of doing it yourself (other than usually a lower price) is that you'll have a wider choice. There are many non-OEM options available for the Ridgeline and a lot (perhaps the majority) of people prefer non-OEM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last year I think Bernardi Parts had the tonneau cover on sale for around $725. I was able to get my local Honda dealership to price match it.

Looks like Bernardi has it for $844 now.

It has been a great cover. As said before, super easy to install with the right torque bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts