Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can I use the stock XM antenna with an aftermarket HU?

If I'm reading this right, my 2012 RTL (without Nav) is going to come with XM installed. Can anyone tell me where the factory antenna location is? I'm going to be having an AVIC-Z130BT installed, and I did see the mod to put the antenna back by the rear brake light but I'm also wondering if it can go where the stock sat antenna is.

ETA: (New question)

What I really want to do us just use the stock XM antenna with an aftermarket HU. Can that be done? I read in this thread about adapting the tock XM antenna to use with Sirius - do all XM antennas use the same connector?

Registered
If I'm reading this right, my 2012 RTL (without Nav) is going to come with XM installed. Can anyone tell me where the factory antenna location is? I'm going to be having an AVIC-Z130BT installed, and I did see the mod to put the antenna back by the rear brake light but I'm also wondering if it can go where the stock sat antenna is.
The stock XM antenna is in middle of roof and back near 3rd brake light....

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several threads on this....most people run it through the brake light and up onto the roof, though some leave it in the brake light cavity....
Right, I've seen those. Just wondering what prevents someone from putting an antenna in that factory location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts