Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. I've been lurking around three of these type forums the past two weeks. I feel that I have learned a lot. I am shopping for a Steel Blue Metallic RTS with no installed options, as advised. I have one dealer in my area that is offering this to me at $28400 plus TTL. So what do you all think? Should I pull the trigger now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Waanabe,

I'm one too. I understand that pricing varies with location BUT 28,400+ is over MSRP according to Edmonds (using my zip code). In Columbus, Ohio the MSRP for the base RTS is 27,700. Columbus has been slow to catch-up with the seemingly national price drop for the Ridgeline - but even now, I've gotten a verbal quote that invoice + 500 is a possibility. If I were you, I would search more or maybe counter the offer. I guess it boils down to: what are you willing to pay?

Have fun! (and go Bucks)

Bill W.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Don't forget the destination charge.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom,
Edmunds MRSP price is $30,075, and their Invoice price is $27,056 for the Ridgeline RTS. Their TMV price is $28,946 with my Zip Code factored in. Destination charges add $515 to all of the above amounts. Were you maybe looking at the RTL model? How has your shopping experience been?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wannabe,

I did click on the wrong model and I see the MSRP being 30075 as well - my bad. (note to self - self, do not research trucks when tired.) Some people may say you could do better, but doesn't it really come down to what you feel comfortable paying?

My "shopping" has been rather passive (I'm not quite ready to buy). The wife and I were at the dealership this past weekend to drop off her Accord (EX V6 - very fun car to drive BTW) and I used this as an opportunity to (re)test the waters. This is when I was told that the word Invoice is no longer a 4 letter word when it comes to the Ridgeline. I have a harder time trying to hide my rather unhealthy love for the truck when I'm at the dealership. I tell my wife, "don't let them know that we like the truck", and then I end up acting like a drooling ridgeline geek when I see one. It's rather pathetic. I'm just waiting to clear up another financial obligation before I become a proud owner. I may very well be the founding member of RA - Ridgeline Anonymous. Hi, my name is Bill, and I'm a ridgeaholic...

Good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll split the manufacturers discount with you- $500 below invoice. If no- I'll shop around- bye- then leave. If they call you back saying what can I do to make this sale- say I'm listening. Invoice + destination+tax+tag+maybe discount on parts- Accept. Cant take haggling over price anymore. I got $500 over invoice before hearing of $1000 manuf discount. Just do your best and get your truck. Its cool. good luck & welcome.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been following the pricing since they first hit the lots and finally made a deal on Monday. Got a RTL with foglights, roof rack, rear mud flaps, front side window tint, and wheel locks for $30,000 + TTL. (transportation included) in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area. Dealer had a bunch of them on the lot, quit counting at 25 or so. Your right - pricing is getting better with all the GM, Ford, and Chrysler deals out there. Most of my friends that have seen the truck didn't know that Honda made a truck but were impressed by what they saw. :)

The deal also included the "inside and outside protection package" which I suspect was leather conditioner on the inside and polymer wax on the outside. It was nice and shiny when I picked it up! :D

It's a great ride and the most technical advanced vehicle I have seen yet. The ambient lighting is real cool at night - all the controls are back lit up and there is a amber led that shines down on the center console so you can see. My wife was following me home and could see the light from behind but didn't know what it was until I explained it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just find your best deal and buy it.
I don't remember what I paid in March....
oh yeah, too much. :(
Great deals now and I still don't regret it. ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
MSRP for a RTS is $30,590. That is a good price, and I WORK FOR Honda. The RT will be significantly less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ridgelinewannabe said:
I have one dealer in my area that is offering this to me at $28400 plus TTL. So what do you all think? Should I pull the trigger now?
The quoted price is $829 over invoice. Not bad, but you could probably do better. I don't think Edmunds is as up to date as they usually are, so I wouldn't go by that. You could hold out for $500 over invoice, but how important is $329 to you? You'd do somewhat better by holding out for invoice or less, but you might not get the truck.

When I bought my RL last week, I got the distinct impression from the sales rep that he would have been willing to sell the RL for even less than what I paid, and I paid invoice. I don't know; however, if all models are discounted as much or how the RLs are moving in your area.

Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ridgelinewannabe said:
Tom,
Edmunds MRSP price is $30,075, and their Invoice price is $27,056 for the Ridgeline RTS. Their TMV price is $28,946 with my Zip Code factored in. Destination charges add $515 to all of the above amounts. Were you maybe looking at the RTL model? How has your shopping experience been?
hi there,

Here in NH at the berlin City dealership where I bought my RL, RTL just last tues, here is what they have listed for the RTS price that I almost bought! (and they went much lower than their advertised price on my RTL too) Good Luck!

2006 Honda Ridgeline PU RTS
Stock #: 6B1514 Engine: 6cyl
Mileage: 50 Trans: Auto
VIN #: 2HJYK16406H510572 YK1646EW
Actual Color: Satin Silver Metallic
MSRP: $30,590

Buy now for only: $27,199!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my Silver RTS last night for $27,100 plus $499 doc fee. It included side steps and flaps. I feel pretty good about the deal. Tried to get them lower, but they wouldn't budge. Happy with it so far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts