Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awesome. Plenty of room. All the utility. That's why I bought it. 2 kids.
Actually one and one due in Jan.

L

·
0 Posts
Perfect. I had my family in mind when I bought it. I have 3 teens. They love it's comfort. The crash rating sold me for my kids. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
We own a Pilot as the main family vehicle, however there are times when I need to haul everyone in my truck, and the Ranger was too small once the kids grew. It has all the great Honda safety stuff, but in addition, it's the most comfortable pickup truck you've ever owned.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It accommodates the furry variety of children well too.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Bought a new Highlander for my wife but ever since the Ridgeline came home it has become the family car.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It accommodates the furry variety of children well too.
Have you consulted a dermatologist about your children's condition? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Definately. Lots of storage cubbies and fairly easy to clean. Not to mention 5 star safety ratings.

My wife has an Acura TL all decked out but we still drive the Ridgeline everywhere.

·
Registered
319 Posts
mayfielh said:
Definately. Lots of storage cubbies and fairly easy to clean. Not to mention 5 star safety ratings.

My wife has an Acura TL all decked out but we still drive the Ridgeline everywhere.

Same here. We pass on the Infiniti to take the truck. I never thought it would get to that point, but we all have so much room with decent fuel economy. And huge storage capacity for all the strollers, pack n play, bikes whatever. I am looking forward to the first big vacation next summer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is a great family vehicle, especially on long trips. all those who have sat in the back of my Ridge have commented on the comfort of the seats and the ride.

Gary P

·
Registered
774 Posts
My dog Chance Loves the back seat!!!! He's also my backup camera !!!!!

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
BTW...
We went to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving weekend and we had the following in Ridgena:

Lady's Buck, LadyRidge, LilLadyRidge, Ridge Rat #3, Minnie - Brittany Spaniel, Lacie - Yorki-Poo, and Raven - Poodle. What a ride!! :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Absolutely. It fits our needs really well and is comfortable to boot. Safety is the other item that stands out for us. Lots of snow/icy conditions in our part of the world lately and the Ridge has performed really well. I spend every other night driving to a hockey rink somewhere in the city, and I am enjoying the ride. Versatility with the seats in the back allow us to stack equipment in the cab where it stays nice and warm. Nothing more shocking than strapping on a frozen cup (if you know what I mean)!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very family friendly. We all love it!!! Plus it hasn't bitten anybody. :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
We went and test drove the Odyssey, Pilot, and Ridgeline. It was my 2 boys (Ridge Rats #1 & #2) who made the decision that they liked the Ridgeline better than either of the other two - and both of the others had DVD systems installed.

I love the versitility, storage, handling, hauling capacity, color (get silver), comfort in all seats, and the fact that my wife doesn't complain about the climb into the truck. The safety rating was a huge factor for us. Our other vehicle is a 1997 Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon - great vehicle, but w/ 140K miles, it is showing some wear. We go everywhere in the Ridgeline. I am actually looking forward to visiting my mother-in-law because it means I'll be driving my Ridge!

-ridgeln

·
Registered
130 Posts
We have twin 4yr. old boys, and the Ridgeline fits our needs perfectly. We also own a Odyssey and most of the time we find ourselves driving the Ridge. It's ride is excellent, and there's ample room for the boys and their car seats in the back seat. The trunk has plenty of room for the weekly grocery and costco runs. Before we had the Ridge, I beat up the Odyssey with Home Depot and garden supplies. I also found myself constantly unboxing big items at the store because they wouldn't fit in the back of the Odyssey. The Ridge was exactly what our family needed. The space for our family, a great ride, and enough cargo space for all of our needs. We recently purchased a Travel Trailer to tow behind it and are having even more valuable "Family Time" on the weekends. The Ridgeline was designed with the TARGET market being Families and Honda hit the Bullseye!! :) :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh Skywalker, my Maritime boys are much tougher! All the hockey gear goes in the trunk or the bed, cold cups bedamned! :D

I have 3 boys, 6 feet tall and down, who all fit nicely in the back. I also took four...erm...rather wide ladies to craft's night and the 3 in the rear were amazed at the room in the back seat.

Its a great family vehicle because it has room and the boys feel cool driving in it.
One of their friends (age 11) saw our truck for the first time and said "Whoa! Cool truck! Looks like a Hummer." At least he didn't say an Avalanche.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts