1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Ridgeline RTL
85,000 miles

Fan ? Blower Motor ? Whine and Hum

When fan is on, whether for AC, Defroster, or just for air circulation, Sometimes I hear a whine/loud hum. The fan blows both low and high and noise stays the same. If I turn off the fan, AC or defroster the noise stops, except sometimes I get the same noise even though everything is off. It sounds like the noise starts and stops (when fan is off)

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts
Just curious if you've changed the cabin air filter? If not, it's very simple to do.

I don't recall hearing any sort of whine or hum on either of my Honda vehicles. My Pilot has developed a fluttering sound (sounds like the hvac mixer doors are possessed).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Had the same thing on mine. Took it back to dealer and they replaced the power steering pump. Problem solved. Same part number as Odessey and they have a service bulletin on it. Mine was under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Solved!!!

It seems the little plastic bracket holding the hood support rod broke and the hood support rod fell down and was rubbing against the AC fan.

A simple fix.

Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a open recall on the blower motor. I just had mine done! Blows like a hurricane now....before was weak and noisy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts