Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my 2007 Ridgeline RTL the other day. We bought a 2016 Honda Pilot.

I was offered $15,000 for the trade in, which I couldn't refuse. The truck only had $50,000.

Will miss this truck and have nothing but good things to say about it. Keeping my eyes on the new one in development.

Truck was in perfect condition. Used the 3M protective film from day one which kept the front end in mint condition.

Later folks. I may be back when the new one comes out.

·
Administrator
17,189 Posts
After 30 posts, we hardly new ya! Glad you enjoyed your RL. I hope you aren't affected or bothered by some of the quality issues that are surfacing on the 2016 Pilot. Which trim did you get?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought the Elite trim package. First time driving it was nerve racking. All these dingers, whistles, bells warning devices, anti/don't do this warning. No issues as of yet. . .knock on wood.

Bought an extended warranty through Saccucci. I figured with the first year model, and all the electronics that could go wrong.

Yeah I didn't post much. I'm more of a stalker.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The 2016 Pilot is based on the new-for-2014 Acura MDX chassis, and it's an excellent machine. My folks have a '14 MDX and it's been a remarkable vehicle. I'm sure you'll have excellent service from your new Pilot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Bought the Elite trim package. First time driving it was nerve racking. All these dingers, whistles, bells warning devices, anti/don't do this warning. No issues as of yet. . .knock on wood.

Bought an extended warranty through Saccucci. I figured with the first year model, and all the electronics that could go wrong.

Yeah I didn't post much. I'm more of a stalker.
Saccucci! I lived in Newport R.I. area a few years back and we had a Saccucci Honda dealer there (Middletown I believe - maybe Portsmouth). I thought it was a single dealer; family owned kind of thing. Are they a big chain (dealer in Va.?).... or did you do this extended warranty on-line? (I got extended warranty on-line way back in 2005.... someplace in Kentucky maybe??... don't really remember)

So where's this Saccucci dealer you worked with?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, same one you are referring too in RHode Island. They have great offers on their extended warranties. So good that Honda Corp sued them and Saccucci lost unfortunately. Now their deals are good but not a steal good.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good luck with the new Pilot. Perhaps we'll see ya around again in the future. I purchased an extended warranty from Saccucci also after "my" Honda dealer tried to screw me.

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts

Yeah I didn't post much. I'm more of a stalker.[/QUOTE

Wow, you must have gotten one of three Elite's in the whole world. Honda is producing them like they are babies in the womb. Nine months from conception to delivery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts