Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across this brand called fas top which is soft toppers competition. It's not only a soft top bed cover but It's also a tonneau cover. A bit pricey at $1500 but it caught my attention. Has anyone come across this or have one installed on there 2nd Gen Ridgeline. Give us you review and what you think of the Fas Top brand.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks like a neat idea... I've had a Softopper (on my previous truck, a 2017 Tacoma) and really liked it, though the usefulness (stowing things too tall to fit under a tonneau) wasn't needed after I sold off my camper, so I went back to a hard tonneau. When I got the RL, I went with a hard tonneau.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is an interesting product, thanks for the post as I hadn’t seen it before. I love my softopper on my ‘18 and I frequently raise and lower depending on the chore at hand. It really has been a great addition to the truck. For winter especially though, it would be handy to have the option of the tonneau as it would be easier to clean off heavy snowfall and better rear visibility. Not sure it is worth the $600 premium over the $900 softopper. I’d also be interested if anyone does a review.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is an interesting product, thanks for the post as I hadn’t seen it before. I love my softopper on my ‘18 and I frequently raise and lower depending on the chore at hand. It really has been a great addition to the truck. For winter especially though, it would be handy to have the option of the tonneau as it would be easier to clean off heavy snowfall and better rear visibility. Not sure it is worth the $600 premium over the $900 softopper. I’d also be interested if anyone does a review.
Dang, the Softopper for the Tacoma when I got it was only about $750 shipped. Everything for the RL is a bit more expensive it seems. Likely much lower volume accounts for this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. I wanted to see if anyone from the forum has this FasTop install that they can share photos and reviews with. Hopefully we can all benefit from deciding on a Soft topper or the FasTop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 5/24/21...purchased my Softopper around late April but told that it's now being pushed back to late June due to material shortages like metal and fabric. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling this order and saying screw them and go with a competitor of theirs. Did anyone purchase one recently that got there softopper and how long it took to get yours?

·
Registered
17 Posts
413662[/ATTACH], member: 186214"]
Update 5/24/21...purchased my Softopper around late April but told that it's now being pushed back to late June due to material shortages like metal and fabric. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling this order and saying screw them and go with a competitor of theirs. Did anyone purchase one recently that got there softopper and how long it took to get yours?
I bought a Fas-Top tonneau/topper combo and I love it. Ordered it April 11 and received May 6, and I think the only delay was due to a part they had to manufacture more of. It seems like they make a lot of the parts in house, and they are of high quality. There was a 15% coupon on their website when I ordered but I don’t know if that still is valid (there was a pop up on the main page that said “spring sale”). Been meaning to post a full review here but haven’t had time. Before ordering mine I could not find a single person who had used a Fas-top for any truck, let alone a Ridgeline. So I was a bit hesitant, but now that I’ve installed it and used it, I’m really glad I bought it and wished I ordered it sooner.

I’ll leave a few photos here, but these were from when I first installed it, and I don’t think I had the topper fully adjusted and tightened. Let me know if you have questions or need more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here's a fun fact, after sending an email to Soft Topper this morning on the status of my order. My wife facetimed and wouldn't you know it. The stupid box from soft topper arrived today. After nearly 2 months of waiting. They delivered their promised of a mid June arrival. Can't freaking wait to get this on the Ridgeline!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts