Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered up Fat Bob's 2" lift kit. It's listed as 2" front and 2" rear. Got the package today and the true measurements are 2.25' front and 1.5" rear. This is measuring outside the plates. I sent them an email and waiting to hear back.

Anyone else measure their kit and have the same results? I know the Truxx lift used to be 2" front and 1.5" rear...

Tx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. It puzzles me still..... I have been putting lifts (suspension and body) on Jeep YJ's and TJ's for over 10 years. All those kits yielded actual lifts stated by the company..... ie. 2" spacer lift on a TJ...meant 4 - 2" spacers went above the coils.

I want my Ridgeline to maintain the factory rake.... but 1.5" in the rear will mean a "level" truck..... so the 2" lift kit that says 2" front and 2" rear is actually misleading in my books!

Anyhow I'll just weld some 3/8 plate to the rear spacer to make up for the difference. :act002:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
All the lift kits are lift/level kits. Meaning 2" front spacers and 1.5" rear spacers. The rear is .5" higher than the front from the factory, so adding 1.5" makes it an even 2" of lift. Therefore you have a 2" lift kit.
I'm pretty sure that the Skyjacker kit is 2" all round. That's what I have on my truck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Its my understanding that Fat Bob went with 2.25" in the front to clear the little pionts on the Strut Mounting Studs found on the 2009 Ridgelines. I went with the Truxx lift and had to grind town the little points; other wise they were hitting the underside of the top plate of the lift block.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
One other consideration, the rear springs are more inboard on the rear lower control arms than in front so it takes less of a spacer to achieve the desired lift, unlike leaf spring blocks or body lifts where you pretty much get 1 for 1 for your spacer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Silverridgey

I have the fat bob kit on my truck and I really like it. I wouldn't modify it if I were you. A lot of testing and driving went into this kit. The truck drives very nice with this leveling kit. I will post some pictures, so you can see it. I have pics on other posts if your search lift kits.
In addition to the kit, I added the adjustable control arms to make the wheels sit at the recommended camber and caster angles. You may have to do this as well, depending on the truck. Good luck with the kit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Glentron

Would you please post some information/pics on these adjustable control arms.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glentron

Would you please post some information/pics on these adjustable control arms.
Here is the link for the control arms. My mechanic said that many Honda's need these on the rear to set the wheels up properly. I lower my acura RL and had to install them on it as well. It's nice to make it right if your going to do it.
I wanted the truck to sit a little higher to get a more aggressive look.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPS-67490

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I didnt need that rear adjustable control arm on mine and the alignment came out perfect with the Truxxx lift. Maybe that extra half inch back their on those other kits has something to do with not being able to align the rear correct.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Northern Lights..... that's what a rep from Fat Bob's said. Any higher in the back and the alignment would be out so far you would need the adjustable links..... I'm gonna install it as is and see what it sits like.

This "new" technology is taking me a while to figure out..... I have an old skool Jeep YJ Rock Crawler with about 9"s of lift on 39" tires.... simple leaf sprung, no sway bars and quite stable and simple! Time for me to get with the times :act035:

·
Registered
98 Posts
When your done with the install post some pictures and detail how you performed the 2" lift all the away around. Thanks:act035:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Guys

I was told that I would need them from two people, so I just bought the adjustable control arms, so I could get it done in one day. I didn't try to align the truck without them, but who knows there is a chance that I didn't need them in the end.

Enjoy the time under the truck, it's limited when you own a RL. We would love to see pictures when your done. Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
In the long run you should save alot on tires. Maybe thats why a friend of mine is going through tires he has the Skyjacker on his RL. Hitting 110,000 miles and going on his fourth set. Kit was on since bought new back in "05". No other out of ordinary issues just brakes, hes still running the same battery. He took it in for the 100,000mile dig deep in the pocket service. Hope to get another 100,000 out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fat bob's lift caused nothing but problems. CV axles shutter and shake under any acceleration. Steering felt wobbly. Honda has it right the way it comes from the factory. Took it out and all is great. Still fits my 265/60R18, no problem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Old thread I know but I got a truxxx kit and it measured 2"front spacer and an 1.25" rear. Not even 1.5"
20140927_125202.jpg

20140927_124952.jpg

20140927_125016.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Silverridgey

I have the fat bob kit on my truck and I really like it. I wouldn't modify it if I were you. A lot of testing and driving went into this kit. The truck drives very nice with this leveling kit. I will post some pictures, so you can see it. I have pics on other posts if your search lift kits.
In addition to the kit, I added the adjustable control arms to make the wheels sit at the recommended camber and caster angles. You may have to do this as well, depending on the truck. Good luck with the kit.
What size tires u running.mine rub now I have 265/70/17 on stock suspension it calls for 245/65/17 from factory all this is confusing to me I wanna keep my 265/70/17 on it they are general grabber at2's and new I love the tread on it now

·
Registered
88 Posts
What size tires u running.mine rub now I have 265/70/17 on stock suspension it calls for 245/65/17 from factory all this is confusing to me I wanna keep my 265/70/17 on it they are general grabber at2's and new I love the tread on it now
I also use the same size as you do but in Firestone Destination A/T and with the 2" lift kit and they do rub a little, does not bother me, does not affect the tire or the mud flap, the General Grabber has a bit more aggressive design so it might rub a little more but you have a great tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some people run a 19" tire it seems it would b a lot worse with the bigger tire its confusing to me I nbn wonder if there is a way to get them to not rub mine rub on sharp turns and when backing up and turning sharp it's very annoying and its tearing the plastic inner fender up and catching my plastic around the front grill off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts