Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have a favorite brand of cargo trailer manufacturer? I'm looking for a 6x12 box trailer and they seem to be a dime a dozen. Most of the reviews I have found have also seemed to be middling to low quality at best. What have been your experiences with the brands and what would you do/not do again with one?

Brands I have looked at are: Rock Solid Cargo (sold under various names), Wells Cargo, Interstate Cargo trailers, Look Cargo trailers, Diamond Trailers.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
U-Haul, 1800 pounds empty, tandem axles, equipped with surge brakes and return it when done. Unless you are using it to store stuff too, then you are back to your dime a dozen trailer although I have found them to be closer to $30k a dozen. Check Craigslist for your area too. If money was no object, I would go with Aluma. https://www.alumaklm.com/enclosed-trailers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U-Haul, 1800 pounds empty, tandem axles, equipped with surge brakes and return it when done. Unless you are using it to store stuff too, then you are back to your dime a dozen trailer although I have found them to be closer to $30k a dozen. Check Craigslist for your area too. If money was no object, I would go with Aluma. https://www.alumaklm.com/enclosed-trailers
Yeah, we have used U-Haul before to rent a box trailer, problem is they are always booked up for the popular box trailers around here. There is already a large utility trailer in the picture, this one would be more of an upgrade trailer to possibly replace the utility trailer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone on here have a favorite brand of cargo trailer manufacturer? I'm looking for a 6x12 box trailer and they seem to be a dime a dozen. Most of the reviews I have found have also seemed to be middling to low quality at best. What have been your experiences with the brands and what would you do/not do again with one?

Brands I have looked at are: Rock Solid Cargo (sold under various names), Wells Cargo, Interstate Cargo trailers, Look Cargo trailers, Diamond Trailers.
We went with an all aluminum trailer to save on weight and because it will travel through corrosive environments. It was an EZ Hauler built by Alcom. I ordered straight from the factory so I could get it built exactly how I wanted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We went with an all aluminum trailer to save on weight and because it will travel through corrosive environments. It was an EZ Hauler built by Alcom. I ordered straight from the factory so I could get it built exactly how I wanted.
Did you look at any of their existing stock before deciding on making the purchase? Were there any issues with the trailer when you purchased it? What kind of axles did you go with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you look at any of their existing stock before deciding on making the purchase? Were there any issues with the trailer when you purchased it? What kind of axles did you go with?
I went to all our local dealers and viewed their inventory for craftsmanship. The EZ hauler was the best all aluminum trailer I could look at locally. I couldn't buy a unit off the lot because I needed a specific configuration for a cargo trailer/camper conversion. I went with the standard dual axle which really helps the trailer glide over pot holes when doing a little offroading.

There was one dumb mistake. They delivered the door with only a cam lock installed. They forgot to put a handle/latch in the door. So they sent a new door to dealer, let me keep the old door, and discounted something like $200 for the hassle. Here's a list of options I ordered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts