Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the Gen2 Ridgeline forum since it was created. However, after only a couple of weeks, I suddenly feel like an outsider. So many of you already have a Gen2.

It was just yesterday, that I said to myself "Self ... you have no business commenting on the Gen2 anymore because you still only have a Gen1". Am I the only one that feels that way (rhetorical question)?

Anyway, congrats to all you new Gen2 owners. I may be joining you with a Gen2 in the future. In the meantime, I'll go back to the Gen1 forum and keep my Gen2 "opinions" to a minimum.

Enjoy ...

·
Registered
973 Posts
This is probably inevitable with any forum for any product that gets substantially changed.

I find myself somewhere in between. I still have my G1 but have driven and ordered a G2. It should be in soon, certainly in the next two weeks and possibly as early as tomorrow.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I personally don't feel that way at all only because I find the forum for me is all about learning and sharing opinions hopefully not always just thoughts but more helpful in manner foe everyone. The rest can be for the individual to make their own choice.

I don't rush anything anymore I dropped that in my past. Best to take the time and make a logical and educated decision. Money is too hard to come by it seems, at least for me it is, however where I live its crazy expensive. I'm talking well over million dollars in some areas for a 1950's old bungalow. Is it won't it? of course NO! but so many disagree and pay it out in this odd but niche market on the West Coast. Funny enough Honda and other companies seem to be riding that trend and ask way more for the same vehicle. Personally will always wait for a new used one.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I've been following the Gen2 Ridgeline forum since it was created. However, after only a couple of weeks, I suddenly feel like an outsider. So many of you already have a Gen2.

It was just yesterday, that I said to myself "Self ... you have no business commenting on the Gen2 anymore because you still only have a Gen1". Am I the only one that feels that way (rhetorical question)?

Anyway, congrats to all you new Gen2 owners. I may be joining you with a Gen2 in the future. In the meantime, I'll go back to the Gen1 forum and keep my Gen2 "opinions" to a minimum.

Enjoy ...
Oh hell, I don't even have a G1 and I am posting like I own the place! :grin:
But I did make my weekly visit to the church of Honda...they sill have one ridgeline, which happens to be a BE AND is the 317th G2 to be made...let me get the pic.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have no plans to rush out and get a new monthly payment. My truck has been paid off for years and runs great. Not feeling I have to have the newest thing on the market. Right now, I'm not even sure I like the look of the gen 2

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

Enjoy ...
I think others will agree with me when I say that the G1 crowd, including you, are more than welcome to give their opinions....he!!, you paved the way for the G2, so you've earned it!

Keep on postin'......:grin:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Guess Id like to see the stats on old RL owners vs ones that have never owned one that have bought. And see where these new Gen2 owners and members take this forum to.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Guess Id like to see the stats on old RL owners vs ones that have never owned one that have bought. And see where these new Gen2 owners and members take this forum to.
Same as it has always been. Many helpful posts, some lurkers with an occasional comment, a few that always have something to say just for the sake of posting. Just like the rest of the internet.
I will probably fall into all of them at one time or another. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
It's very common on every automotive forum. I was one of the Audi A4 early adopters (B5 chassis 1994-2001) in the US and I regularly read/posted on the AudiWorld forums.

When photos of the A4(B6) were released, most of us A4(B5) owners hated it and and swore they would keep their A4(B5) till the wheels fell off (sound familiar). Before long, the AudiWorld forums shifted from A4(B5) only to a mix of A4(B5) and A4(B6) and them predominantly A4(B6) (I predict the same thing will happen here on the ROC with the G2).

When the A4(B7) was launched, many A4(B5 & B6) owners hated it and swore they would keep their cars till the wheels fell off. I really disliked the A4(B7) when I first saw the photos, but then a funny thing happened, I hated it less and less and then I drove a A4(B7) and ordered one on the spot. For a few years, I was part of the 'in' crowd, then the A4(8) was launched.

By then I was ready to own a truck again, so I sold my A4(B7) bought a Ridgeline and joined the ROC.

I really disliked the G2 Ridgeline when I saw the first photos, but I'm warming to the truck and can see myself owning one down the road. For now, I'm content to not have a truck payment and not stress over keeping a new truck in perfect condition. :)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I really disliked the G2 Ridgeline when I saw the first photos, but I'm warming to the truck and can see myself owning one down the road. For now, I'm content to not have a truck payment and not stress over keeping a new truck in perfect condition. :)
Im havin a hard time with all of it and am so use to my old RL thats been great I dont know what to do. Dont care for the looks but could get over it, clearance bad isse for me, some interior things that I must get use to cause tech goes on, NOTHING else out there right now I like either.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't have a G1 and have no solid plans to purchase, but I am very intrigued by the G2, so that could change. I recently paid off my 3-year old Accord Coupe, but am tiring of the two-door setup. I'll never own another coupe as my DD, just too many cargo/utility restrictions. I've always liked the prospect of owning a truck again, but the full-sizes were just too big, boring to drive, thirsty and expensive to warrant more than a passing interest. The mid-sizes like the Tacoma/Colorado/Canyon are appealing but not my thing. The RL really suits what I want better than any other vehicle. Hence my reason for joining the forum and spending almost as much time here as I do on the Accord forums :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
I think others will agree with me when I say that the G1 crowd, including you, are more than welcome to give their opinions....he!!, you paved the way for the G2, so you've earned it!

Keep on postin'......:grin:
Doobiewah summed it up for me. Sometimes I feel like an outsider in some of the deep G1 oriented threads and as nine-month newbie was never owned or even been in a G1 Ridgeline, I probably am an outsider. The fact that this forums is a decade old, however, is the testament not to the vehicle so much as it is the people who were posting. There are a lot of great opinions here, lots of good information. People try to help one another. That's the kind of stuff I'm after.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts