Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 19 RTL-E owner. Has anyone purchased the Fender Flares? If so, what's your opinion? Furthermore, $650 seems like a lot of $$ for plastic. Recommendations for after market sources for less? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,615 Posts
Moderator Note: Thread Moved

·
Registered
854 Posts
To each there own. I think this is Honda's least popular accessory. They are not functional, not wide enough outwards for over sized tires. I think this was Honda's attempt to make the RL look like an off-road beast, which it is not. To me they just look goofy. Sorry, you asked for an opinion.

Welcome to the site, enjoy your new RTL-E.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
New 19 RTL-E owner. Has anyone purchased the Fender Flares? If so, what's your opinion? Furthermore, $650 seems like a lot of $$ for plastic. Recommendations for after market sources for less? Thank you!
I have a suggestion. How about you send that $650 to me then you won't have the money burning a hole in your pocket. At the end of the day, I will have an additional $650, you won't have ugly flairs on your Ridgeline and we will both be ahead.:wink:

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,698 Posts
I am not a fan of the G2 flares, but could have used some on the G1 '09+ models.

That said, I know the flares help on vehicles with pronounced fenders as they keep the fenders from getting bruised. In my many years of driving for a parking management firm, I have had my fair share of fender scrapes in my G1 from shrubs and bushes. Places I had to haul equipment to were unreal.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I am not a fan of G2 Fender Flares either.
However I do have the OEM Fender Flares on the GEN 1 RIDGE
When I used the build vehicle feature back in 2007 the fender flares were in my selection. When the Generation 2 came out I built the one I would get but Fender Flares were not an accessory I wanted. My build on the G2 is for Black Edition Trim level.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a dissenting opinion. I like the fender flares and have them on my 18 BE. I think they help to differentiate the Ridgeline from the Pilot. The Weathertech mud flaps work with the flares.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think they look OK. They may not be very functional but I have some scrapes on my left front fender. I can have the body work done for $650 or can cover the scrapes with the flares for $450. They will help protect the fenders a bit from brush and stuff a bit more than just paint. They run from $400 to $450 on line from dealers. Too bad my dealer wants to charge me full price after my 10th car from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any photos you can share? I am looking at the 2020 BE and want fender flares but can't find any actual photos

I am a dissenting opinion. I like the fender flares and have them on my 18 BE. I think they help to differentiate the Ridgeline from the Pilot. The Weathertech mud flaps work with the flares.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.