Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some one that had the fender flares installed. Do they stop slush from splashing up on the doors. I find the mud guards dont do a very good job tires are a bit wider than the guards cover.

farm boy

·
Registered
670 Posts
Do they even make fender flares? I don't know about there functionality, but they look good!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes, they make fender flares. Functionality? Well for one, less steel exposed to those annoying shopping carts and car doors in the parking lots. But more importantly for me, they give it more agressive styling. I love the look of them, and don't regret my decision to get them at all.

To answer your question about the snow. Well, I will have to monitor that and get back to you.

They look awsome. See for yourself!

fins

Attachments

Reactions: Baja Adventurer

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looks real good. Nice color too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thankyou, Thankyou, and Thankyou!

Waiting for a heavy snowfall in Pitt so I can get some 'Winter' photos as well.

fins

·
Registered
479 Posts
ninefive0 said:
Are these fender flairs different than the ones that come on the RL?
Not sure what you mean. Fender flares are not standard equipment for the ridgeline. But the ones in this post (and my pictures) are the optional flares from Honda.

Did I answer your question?

fins

·
Registered
479 Posts
ninefive0 said:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3621

Look at the silver RL in this thread and you can clearly see the "flare" over the wheel opening. The optional flares install over these?
Yes, the optional flares are the same basic shape as the 'flared wheel opening', but stick over top of it, kinda projecting out a little. Here's a better pic of mine. Can you see it?

I love them. The body side moldings are a great compliment to the fender flares.:)

fins

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
spongecop said:
If you don't mind me asking...how much are the flares (not installed).
I was quoted $567 installed but this was with the Ridgeline purchase. I've just picked up the truck but the flares are on BO.

-CB

·
Registered
720 Posts
poolerw0987 said:
are the factory flares available other than at the dealer? are there colors to match each Ridgeline color?

thanks, rp
Yes - Online retailers - Most of them are Honda Dealerships

Yes - They color match to your color

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think I like these a lot but I'd like to see someones before and after pictures side by side so I can see the same truck, same color and all right next to each other can anyone do this? How do these stick on is it just 3M or something of that nature?

Anthony;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just received my flairs that I purchased from ebay and they are painted to the color of the RL. I have not installed them yet but I will attempt to do so this weekend.
Here is the URL on Ebay for the RL.
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...gn=-1&saslc=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

I wanted to know if Fins2theright Installed them himself or did he have someone else to it like Honda. They look great and I hope they go on easy. MegNAntsRidgeline I will have those pictures this weekend posted here if I finish. As for splashing up dirt or snow I don't know but it appears that they will stop some from flipping up the side of the truck. After they are install I will have to take notice. More to follow.....

:)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts