Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday was my first opportunity to see the Gen 2 in person. I am on pretty good terms with the Honda dealer personnel so I was able to take the truck on a nice test drive. After the drive, I took my Gen 1 on the same route so I could make meaningful comparison.

VISUAL IMPRESSIONS: The dealer did not have RTL-E or Black Edition available, only a couple of Sports and a single RTL. The RTL was silver, one Sport was crystal black and the other was the forest mist.

Visually I thought the paint on the silver truck was by far the best. The black Sport was inside and the fluorescent lights were very unflattering - lots of orange peel in the paint on the sides. The other Sport appeared to be a lighter shade of gray under the same lighting, I could see perhaps a tiny hint of green but it looked gray to me. It also had a bit of orange peel in the paint, noticeably less than the black. The silver RTL had outstanding paint, it appeared to be flawless and looked very good in sunlight - overall a beautiful truck.

I spent more time looking over the silver truck because it was in bright light outside where I could see it better. Fit and finish were pretty good, but there were some raw looking edges along the back edge of the trunk lip that you could see when you opened the tailgate. Interior fit and finish were very good, I didn't see anything that appeared to be installed incorrectly or poorly finished.

When you walk up to the truck, it has a very pleasing "presence" to it, much better looking in person than in photos because you get a better sense of scale. From the front it looks much better than the photos of the droopy snout would indicate - a nice fairly aggressive look in fact. The bed looks very well proportioned, the extra length is just about perfect for the proportions of the truck. The windshield is pretty steeply raked, which helps the looks I think.

When you walk up to the bed of the truck, it is indeed pretty shallow. I am a bit over 6', standing next to it with my elbow on the bed rail I can dangle my arm down the bed side and touch the bed floor. on the front edge of the bed under the rear window there is a horizontal "lip" which I did not notice in the pictures previously - not sure what its function is. The bed has a nice texture and looks much more traditional, with the typical "ribs" running the length of the truck and a cross-hatch pattern on the surface. The lid of the trunk looks huge while it is closed.

On two of the trucks the bed tie-downs were the standard issue (mounted close to floor). On one of the Sport trucks they had installed some sort of riser on the two bed-mounted tiedowns by the back of the cab - not sure what was intended to mount on them. They had also installed a bed extender on that particular truck, which was either installed incorrectly or was a bed extender for a Gen 1 truck, because the trunk could not be opened with it installed. I pointed this out to the salesmen and it resulted in a scene much like the beginning of "2001: A Space Odyssey" where the apes start capering around in front of the monolith beating each other with thigh bones. No resolution was found.

On the back right wall of the bed there is a small storage cubby with little turn-to-close fasteners to hold the cover in place. Perhaps there is something there in the higher trims. For the lower trims at least, the ones I looked at were empty - perhaps enough space to put a small first-aid kit. This will be a productive place for the aftermarket to produce a locking accessory cover. The trunk itself appears noticeably smaller, and all the comments posted by so many other people about the trunk and spare tire obviously apply. The one thing I was not prepared for though was the strong odor from the trunk - all 3 of the Ridgelines I looked at had an extremely strong plasticky smell upon opening the trunk, don’t know if it is the actual trunk or if the dealer might have put in some cleaner or something. It was certainly eye-watering though and would make any clothes you put in there smell terrible for some time to come.

The rear wheel wells appeared to have been completely painted, not sure why. There were a number of what appear to be plugs in the wheel well liner, probably the fasteners that hold it in place. I tried to take some pictures but when I pulled out my cell phone they were on me like I was John Dillinger trying to steal something. So unfortunately no pics.

The tailgate is “fatter” along the top edge than the Gen 1, sounds more “tinny” / hollow when shutting it but still feels very solid when folded down. The hitch and bumper were well finished. I did the “bounce test” on the rear bumper and rebound was pretty similar to my Gen 1 - felt like similar spring/damping rates. Nice rugged feel with a bit of plushness.

The tires were Firestones, they had a low profile look and to my eye were a bit less aggressive tread (i.e., less “light-truck like”) than the Gen 1 Michelins. The tires are probably an important component of the mileage increase for the truck, as I noticed that the door sticker recommended inflation pressure for them is 35 psi compared to the 33 of the old truck.

The Sport truck was a 2wd so I did not pay much attention to it. I did look at the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, it was 5714 which was about 300 pounds less than the AWD models. On many trucks you end up with less payload / GVWR when you opt for 4 wheel drive, so it is nice to see that the Gen 2 does not penalize you for the upgrade - according to the Honda website the Gross Combined Weight Rating goes up for AWD models as well (9986 for AWD versus 8201 for 2wd).

Atop the cab, there is a pronounced shark-fin antenna - get into deep enough snow and you’ll look like an orca slicing through the seas. Definitely more visible than the G1 counterpart.

Under the hood, as reported by many there is a lot of plastic shielding that prevents you from seeing much. No major revelations there - it’s an EarthDreams V6. One thing that is immediately apparent is the nice thick blanket of insulation on the bottom surface of the hood, this probably helps with the improved noise isolation on the Gen 2. The hood prop rod has a flimsier feel to it and the prop rod hole in the hood was not hugely confidence inspiring. Probably wise to keep a close watch on it while working under the hood.

Headlights and front fascia were nice and aggressive, didn’t get to drive at night time so no feedback on how good the lights are.

INTERIOR AND CAB ACCESS: The front cockpit is like a 2016 Pilot. I did not get to see the key for the Sport models, but the RTL I drove had a keyless entry system with the standard smart fob and the ability to remotely start the engine. Walking up to the truck with the fob in your pocket, it will unlock if you put your fingers under the handle and once inside you have the standard push-button start.

On the Sport, there was a nice black cloth interior with a textured kind of pattern to it, felt very pleasant to the touch and looked quite good. On the RTL the interior was gray leather, the seating surfaces were perforated and felt pretty comfortable - more plush and less “stiff / slippery” than the plain G1 leather seats. Padding for both cloth and leather seats was OK, perhaps a bit plusher than the G1 seats.

I spent a lot of time adjusting the driver seat but could not find a position as comfortable as my Gen 1. This is largely because of my own particular anatomy - I have long gangly legs and broad shoulders, so my right arm dangles down off center of the fold-down armrest where I could not get a good firm elbow rest on it, and it is not long enough to support the forearm and wrist so I ended up with the arm kind of hanging in space. I finally just folded it up out of the way. For shorter arms and a bit narrower shoulders it would probably be very comfortable. The seat angle and positioning were very good, except for the usual miserably uncomfortable aggressively forward-raked headrests, much like my Gen 1. I refer to them as “AutoGoat” headrests because they constantly butt the back of your skull and hunch your neck on a drive, as generally worthless and irritating as any other member of the goat species.

The driver door shelf comes to the rounded point in front exactly like the Pilot door I have mentioned in previous posts, and when I spread out my legs for breathing and scratching room (aka “sprawled out”) my left knee hits it. On the right side, the full length console similarly cramps my right leg, so I either sit with the legs more clamped together or just accept the pressure against my knees. Very irritating to me at least, others might not have this issue at all.

The steering wheel can be easily adjusted to a comfortable position and the edge of the driver window sill provides a nice comfortable spot to prop up the left elbow - that aspect of the driver position was clearly superior to the Gen 1. The displays are very clear, however I greatly dislike the big digital speedometer for reasons I will explain later. The interior lighting is very clear and lines of sight out of the truck are very good, better in front than Gen 1 due to the sloping hood. It will be easier to judge distance to forward obstacles (walls etc) than in Gen 1. I did not think to look in the Sport, but on the RTL up by the rearview mirror and sunglasses holder there was a Homelink with 3 buttons on it.

I was unimpressed with the sliding console cover, storage, and the general appearance of the center stack. On the RTL I drove the radio had actual knobs but the display screen was very small, to the point that the back-up camera was tough to see. Given the distance from the screen, the bigger display in the upper levels of trim would be a huge improvement. Radio quality was good, the sound was as good as my Gen 1 from what my admittedly unsophisticated ears could hear.

From an odor standpoint, this is the first time in a long time that I have gotten into new Honda vehicles and not been clubbed over the head with olfactory overload from outgassing plastics. I have a pretty sensitive sniffer, and the 3 Ridgelines had interiors that were quite pleasant from this respect - again something most people might not even notice, but a nice feature for those of us sensitive to stank. Overall the cockpit is a very pleasant place to sit, just a bit too cramped for me. For a person of average (or smaller) height and build, I expect the Gen 2 would be one of the nicest and plushest vehicles they have ever sat in. Long trips would probably be a joy for them.

(Continued next post)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
For the rear seating area, it is extremely similar to the Gen 1 - rear seat looks to be identical. I had no problems getting in and out, but it does appear to me that with the driver seat adjusted to Festus specs there may be a bit less knee room in back than in the Gen 1. I don’t spend much time in the back seat of my vehicles so that doesn’t matter much to me. The door opening angle is noticeably less than Gen 1, but I don’t think it would be a problem for most older folks like me for anything except loading my mountain bike. For younger folks trying to load a carseat or someone with a dog crate, I can see why they might be concerned. The situation is complicated by the interior side of the door being thicker than it probably needs to be - perhaps they wanted to retain that plush Pilot feel. If they skinnied things down on the inside surface of the door and put in an articulating hinge, loading things would be a breeze. Also, they should wise up and put a few fold-down hooks on the inside surface of the door so that things could be strapped down through an open window - like a bicycle (hint hint).

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS: Around the parking lot the Gen 2 felt a bit more nimble than my Gen 1 - not a huge improvement, but noticeable. Steering effort in particular was lighter. I could not see any real improvement in turning radius, the truck just seemed more agile. Engagement with slow speed bumps and stops / take-offs was similar to G1, but a bit plusher. I noticed a minor bit of the “porpoising” back to front oscillation noted by previous posters, but honestly if I had not been looking specifically for it I would never have noticed it. In slow speed driving it feels very much like a nice car.

Acceleration was spirited, again clearly better than Gen 1 but not as big an improvement as many people have reported. I always run super unleaded in my Gen 1 and it is pretty peppy itself, so that may be why the difference was not more pronounced to me. I would guess maybe 0.5 to 1.0 second better 0-60. One noticeable difference in acceleration, is that the engine is MUCH quieter unless you are really romping on it. In normal acceleration, there is none of that “Ridgeline Growl” that Gen 1 produces. I expect that many Gen 2 owners will end up buying new intake and cat-back exhaust to try to get the truck to sound more lively. Under good acceleration the engine sounds quite nice though - sings like a Honda, just like it should.

The six-speed transmission is a noticeable improvement. On normal acceleration and on the freeway its shifts are nearly undetectable, would not even have known it shifted except for the RPM change on the tachometer. On my Gen 1, I have always been able to detect the shifts with a noticeable (but not objectionable) engagement. On Gen 2 the shifts were luxury car smooth. Very nicely integrated, whoever programmed the shift logic for Gen 2 should get a bonus. I was not able to test out any of the special AWD modes / towing etc, but I did fling the truck through some corners and it handled quite well. I could not detect any obvious torque vectoring or other action from the AWD, but the handling was clearly a bit improved from the already-quite-good Gen 1. Again this is very nicely done.

I didn’t play around much with Eco, other than to see if there was any difference with VCM. I can honestly report that the shifts in and out of VCM were nearly undetectable, only the faintest of vibrations in the driveline. I expect that 90+% of people would never even know the system is there. I am very sensitive to driveline vibes after many years of working on turbines, so I tend to obsess about such things and VCM would be a constant irritant to me. If I were to ever buy a Gen 2, a VCMuzzler would be one of my first purchases. All that being said, kudos to Honda - their implementation of variable cylinder management is the best I have yet seen, those active motor mounts must be doing a great job. I could not tell whether there was Active Noise Cancellation in play - if it was, it was completely unobtrusive to me - again well done by the Honda engineers, more bonuses are warranted.

The RTL I drove did not have any of the Honda Sensing or other advanced features, just regular mirrors. Sight lines and vision while driving were good, the mirrors provide very good coverage - quite pleasant.

The most noticeable improvement IMHO over Gen 1 compared to my truck, is the brake modulation. At least in the RTL that I drove, the brakes were incredibly smooth and brought the truck to a firm, clean stop with no obvious “grab” or jolt at the end - again, very much like a luxury car. This could be a function of the many miles on my Gen 1, but the brakes have always been so-so on my truck IMHO. I was impressed with Gen 2 on that score.

SUMMARY: Overall the experience of driving on the highway was much like Gen 1, but noticeably quieter. Response to bumps at higher speed was more settled than Gen 1, you could not “feel” the impacts as harshly and the sound was muted. Actual handling in response to the roadway is very similar between the trucks - that is, Gen 1 does not exhibit any more pronounced jitter after a bump than Gen 2, but Gen 2 just feels smoother and more plush. My Gen 1 seems to have quicker transient response to steering input than Gen 2, which surprised me considering the higher tire pressure and more car-like tires on the Gen 2. It might just be that my Gen 1 tires are worn in or that I was subconsciously a bit more reluctant to whip the Gen 2 around like my own truck.

In any event, the driving experience showed that Gen 2 is a winner for the average driver. Plusher, more gadgets, better mileage - there is a lot to like about this truck.

After I departed the dealer in my Gen 1, I drove the same route at the same speeds. My Gen 1 IMHO handled very similarly to the Gen 2, but was a bit less quick. Get 1 noise level was definitely higher and the ride less plush, however the seating position is MUCH more comfortable for me. If the Gen 2 had the same console and door shelf design, and the same type of traditional needle gauges as Gen 1, it would be a clear winner for me. I am not a fan of the digital speedometers because I get corner-of-the-eye feedback on speed from a needle gauge without having to consciously pay attention. In other words, as I am accelerating I can be looking at the road, and still be aware of the needle climbing to its accustomed spot on the dial. With the digital speedo, as I am looking at the road the digital display is just a blurry blob except for those moments I specifically glance at it. “OK I’m doing 21… 43… 69 crap, gotta slow down…” With time I would acclimatize to the RPM ranges of the various gears in Gen 2, but it would take a while. In the interim the digital speedo would annoy the hell out of me. My wife on the other hand likes the exact display and doesn’t care about the needles. All boils down to user preference.

One last item that ground my gears, was the lack of sunroof and rear window on the RTL. That is one of my most used and most treasured features of my Gen 1, and given the extreme heat on this summer day of test driving its absence was sorely felt. In my Gen 1 I can hop in, pop open the sunroof and rear slider, and within seconds of pulling out of the parking lot that smooth rush of fresh air in the back window and out the top will have cooled the interior noticeably, so that after closing it the AC gets the interior temp right where I want it very quickly. It’s a great feature for the Ridgeline, and it is amazing to me that Honda elected to only put it on the top lines of trim.

So overall, I was impressed with Gen 2 - very impressed. It is just about everything that my Gen 1 is, and more - more luxurious, more efficient, quieter. The longer bed is awesome. I am still very interested in hearing the in-bed audio when I get to see a higher trim truck. But at the end of the day, when I got into my Gen 1 I find that I still prefer its interior utility (if not its looks). The Gen 1 is just plain more comfortable to me in the driver position - just needs a bit more padding. Driving it over the same route it was surprising to me how well the old design holds up.

I look forward to checking out one of the higher trim trucks, and I hope that Honda will someday release a version that restores the center console, arm rest and pass through to the interior. Who knows, perhaps someday they just might produce that Ridgeline Si I keep dreaming about….

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I was NOT impressed with, was the price. The dealer had larded up the trucks with dealer-installed accessories (running boards, nitrogen, the usual fluff) and had jacked the prices more than $3,000 over MSRP. They have sold several so the high prices are no deterrent, there appears to be much interest in the truck.

Regarding the accessories, the running boards / steps were terrible IMHO. They are kind of flat and stick out several inches from the side, such that I banged my leg on them every time I got in or out. The truck is low to the ground so they don't provide much useful range of step height improvement, and in fact they are not wide enough for me to get a good foot plant on them unless the foot is facing toward the front of the truck - just overall a poorly executed design. They don't seem to add any functionality improvement at all to the truck, unless perhaps you are a very short person with very small feet. It would probably have worked better to have traditional step bars (pipes) instead of the flat looking running boards on a truck of this height. Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thanks for the oh-so-thorough report UF!!

It's only a guess, but I might speculate that all of the odorous "stank" could be the result of how "fresh" off the assembly line these new trucks are??
'Will be interesting to see if you find the same olfactory condition when you revisit later down the road.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
One thing I was NOT impressed with, was the price. The dealer had larded up the trucks with dealer-installed accessories (running boards, nitrogen, the usual fluff) and had jacked the prices more than $3,000 over MSRP. They have sold several so the high prices are no deterrent, there appears to be much interest in the truck.

Regarding the accessories, the running boards / steps were terrible IMHO. They are kind of flat and stick out several inches from the side, such that I banged my leg on them every time I got in or out. The truck is low to the ground so they don't provide much useful range of step height improvement, and in fact they are not wide enough for me to get a good foot plant on them unless the foot is facing toward the front of the truck - just overall a poorly executed design. They don't seem to add any functionality improvement at all to the truck, unless perhaps you are a very short person with very small feet. It would probably have worked better to have traditional step bars (pipes) instead of the flat looking running boards on a truck of this height. Caveat Emptor!
Great write up thanks, that would have takin me to Gen3 to type, or do you talk into something and it does it for you :wink:. After our purchase of the new CRV a few months ago we had to sit thru another hour of all the protection and extended warranties offered. We got the front end protection clear crap for chips but it would have been nice if we didnt have to listen to all the other things they want to sell. $hit if you took all of them you would be lookin at another $5000 at least.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great review...thanks!
Paying over sticker price for a bunch of useless add-ons is something I would never do.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Two points.

The compartment on the rear right (looking forward) position of the bed wall is the 110 plug on the RTL-E. I suppose on the lower trim levels they left it there, but empty.

The XM antennae is indeed higher profile than the R1. I imagine it also includes the wi-fi antennae. I have a sense, though it may not be so, that XM reception is better in the R2, perhaps partly due to the antennae. So far, I've not had as many dark areas with the RTL-E.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
When I did my look see at the dealership earlier in the week the running boards jumped out at me. Told the sales guy whatI thought ; ugly, to small, and actually in the way when entering and exiting the vehicle. Also not one that I have seen post concerning their GEN II experience has mentioned the fact that the LTX is no longer the OEM tire. I was surprised with all the good things I had heard since the beginning about the LTX. Agree with Festus on the cost and lack of Sunroof and rear sliding window on all but the top 2. The difference in price would most likely force me to look hard at the "T" in FWD if I was buying.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
the running boards jumped out at me. Told the sales guy what I thought ; ugly, to small, and actually in the way when entering and exiting the vehicle.
EXACTLY what my wife said when the salesman asked us if we wanted to add the running boards... The RTL-E we test drove didn't have them; however, she sure saw them on others on the lot and was dead set against them...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Outstanding post Uncle Festus! This is exactly the kind of information I come to this forum for.

I'm encouraged by your description of build quality. I too don't like a digital speedometer, but that I'd get used to. Lack of quality and reliability you don't get used to…it's a gift that keeps on giving.

As for me, I'll probably pull the trigger before the end of the year, after airbag fixes and before timing belt, water pump, new tires, new spark plugs, and new coolant all congregating ~100k miles. I have 87,500 now.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Very strong smell on mine too. Smells like epoxy.
That is odd. When we test drove one, my wife actually commented on less "new car smell". Maybe specific to some interior color or material?
The one we drove was a Blue RTL-T, I will be picking up my MSM/Black RTL-E next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
EXACTLY what my wife said when the salesman asked us if we wanted to add the running boards... The RTL-E we test drove didn't have them; however, she sure saw them on others on the lot and was dead set against them...
My wife and I test drove a Black Edition that had running boards. They were wide and only got in the way and were ugly. IMHO the truck is low enough you don't need them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is odd. When we test drove one, my wife actually commented on less "new car smell". Maybe specific to some interior color or material?
The one we drove was a Blue RTL-T, I will be picking up my MSM/Black RTL-E next week.
The RTL-T I test drove and bought smelled like that in the trunk but not the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I find this interesting, I was reading awhile back that the stronger smell the cheaper the plastics in a vehicle. That commercial with the rats drivin around in that SUV was the worst cant remember the brand :grin:. Any who, I have doubts Honda went with anything that cheap on interior plastics but what do I know, just a thought. All new vehicles have that new smell anyway, just leave the windows open when you can at home sittin in the driveway with a beer lookin at your new truck. If the smell is in the trunk thats another story leave that open when you can too, but i dont ride in the trunk :wink:. On second thoughts you might not want leave that trunk open it might drain the battery unless the lights are timed?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'll chime in as I drove a G2 BE this morning. I did a similar same route drive back to back with my 2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie.

I really liked the overall drive ability of the G2. I short, much more refined than the G1. Driving is more carlike In a good way. Drives smaller with lighter steering and more compliance over bumps and pavement transitions.

Definitely much quieter than the G1 but surprisingly my RAM seemed a good bit quieter than the G2 (especially over some grooved pavement on the route).

The shallow bed is still the major issue IMO with the rear door limited opening a close second but otherwise, I was really impressed. I have a loaded Laramie with every available option except air suspension, so the BE was a good comparison for features.

Not sure it instantly made me think of trading the RAM as 22.5 mpg on diesel and 600+ miles of range on a tank have spoiled me but for a midsize, I would put it easily at the top of the list.

I'd also get a RTL-E as the BE is cool but the red piping is overdone and the choice of colors and the blue ambient lighting are more appealing to me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great info on the Ram comparison, we ought to have a thread in the Gen 2 area for such comparisons to let prospective buyers get an idea of G2 pluses and minuses compared to the competition.

Regarding overall quietness, I was impressed with the G2. It is at least as quiet as the Chevy half-tons that we have had over the years, and for a long time they were the benchmark of quiet trucks compared to Dodge, Ford, and the foreign makers. However for current trucks the new F-150 is hard to beat, my Dad's new one is like a tomb inside and very plush. However on bumps the Ford still displays a bit of what I would term "rear end jitters" and is rather ponderous in the twisties - you always know you are driving a truck. In comparison, the G2 provides much more assured handling while feeling luxurious at the same time - you could easily forget you are driving a truck. If the Pilot provides similar handling and road feel, I have to salute the Honda engineering team because it is one hell of an accomplishment to check off so many boxes simultaneously. They can't rest on their laurels though, because the Ford is not all that far behind.

The new Firestone tires are probably a part of the noise reduction effort too, it will be interesting to see if they hold up as well as the previous generation Michelins. The LTXs turned out to be a very good all-around tire for many of us, hopefully the Firestones are as good or better in that regard.

Also regarding the stank, it was ONLY in the trunk area - the interior of the truck was refreshingly scent free compared to most new vehicles I have examined, much less "new car axe handle to the forehead" impact. Another Well Done for the Honda team - little details like that count.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Great info on the Ram comparison, we ought to have a thread in the Gen 2 area for such comparisons to let prospective buyers get an idea of G2 pluses and minuses compared to the competition.

Regarding overall quietness, I was impressed with the G2. It is at least as quiet as the Chevy half-tons that we have had over the years, and for a long time they were the benchmark of quiet trucks compared to Dodge, Ford, and the foreign makers. However for current trucks the new F-150 is hard to beat, my Dad's new one is like a tomb inside and very plush. However on bumps the Ford still displays a bit of what I would term "rear end jitters" and is rather ponderous in the twisties - you always know you are driving a truck. In comparison, the G2 provides much more assured handling while feeling luxurious at the same time - you could easily forget you are driving a truck. If the Pilot provides similar handling and road feel, I have to salute the Honda engineering team because it is one hell of an accomplishment to check off so many boxes simultaneously. They can't rest on their laurels though, because the Ford is not all that far behind.

The new Firestone tires are probably a part of the noise reduction effort too, it will be interesting to see if they hold up as well as the previous generation Michelins. The LTXs turned out to be a very good all-around tire for many of us, hopefully the Firestones are as good or better in that regard.

Also regarding the stank, it was ONLY in the trunk area - the interior of the truck was refreshingly scent free compared to most new vehicles I have examined, much less "new car axe handle to the forehead" impact. Another Well Done for the Honda team - little details like that count.
Good point on tires...because it was a tire noise difference. The Goodyear Wrangler SR-As (275/60R20) they use on a lot of full size tricks are super quiet. I'm surprised by the Goodyears. Quiet, good light snow traction and seem to wear really well yet they are very inexpensive (you can buy them a lot of places for $150 for a 20" size).

Also, the typical full size rear end jiggle is why I didn't buy a F-150. Leaf springs? Isn't this 2016? The RAM suffers little of this due to the coil spring, multi-link rear. The RAM 1500s ride and handle just like a full size BOF SUV.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts