Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably never use mine for real off-roading and I'm guessing by the lack of activity in this catagory that not many have. Has anybody gotten the nerve to put one of these $32,000+ vehicles to the test? I'd love to hear how it did and maybe see a pic of a mud covered Ridge.

L

·
0 Posts
Hey Steve, I drove over some hardened snow mounds in a parking lot last week...does that count?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went off-road when I tried to park at the DMV last week. The over-flow parking lot was muddy so was not full. I pulled in one of the empty spot and saved a lot of time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I read a statistic recently where less that 2% of Americans who own a 4X4 ever actually put it into 4 wheel drive (as evidenced by 22" wheels and low profile tires on the Hummers in So Cal). I am one of the 2%. I have a Dodge Dakota 4X4 that I use for my work that requires me to go to some fairly extreme places. It's getting old so I replaced it with the Ridgeline. First thing I did was put on some more aggressive dirt tires (see my post in "Image/Video Gallery"). Last Friday I spent the day off-roading in the Palmdale desert area of So Cal. The Ridgeline did well in soft sand (not too deep) and rode very nice on the rough dirt roads. The low ground clearance and lack of underbody protection was apparent as I could hear every weed and bush drag across the unprotected underbelly. I was careful to avoid any rocks or high-center opportunities. Again, traction was not a problem but I would feel more comfortable with a couple more inches of clearance (lift) and some armor to protect underneath. This vehicle will never replace my Dakota's ability to crawl up and down steep hills and over taller rocks, but with a little more caution, it blows away the Dodge in creature comforts, styling, practicality and is a lot more fun to drive.

PS- I got silver because I thought it would better hide the scratches that are inevitable when driving through the brush in the desert.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bravo Shamguess! Maybe some after market skid plates will be available for you soon. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts