Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Red RTL w/moonroof NO NAVI.

It was a long courtship, my wife inquired to our local Honda dealer in February and knew more about the Ridgeline than they did. I was going to be an early adopter but decided to be a fast follower instead. My patience paid off for me and my 94 Ford Ranger with 185K miles held out for me too.

A month or so ago when the gas prices peaked and the Ridges stopped moving from the lots I decided to hop in with both feet and find a deal. I went to my local Honda dealer in Southern New Jersey and the sales guy challenged me to find a lower cost than his and he would match it, I told him he would have to beat it.

Final sales price including destination, $28,916. + tax and tags. I have to say the five hours I spent on Friday getting to that price were worth it (I have the scars to prove it). My wife said she saw a side of me she never saw before, I dont know if that is good or bad :p .

The info I gleaned from http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ helped me steer clear of the many "extra" traps that were set for me. I was soooo prepared that Honda Financing beat my "internet" loan check apr rate so I financed through Honda even though I was initially set against it.

Oh and the Ridgeline... Rides like a dream.

Thanks to this forum for providing me valuable information and making my decision over the 96 Taco an easier one.

I only see a few Ridgelines here in Southern New Jersey, don't forget to wave if you see me!

·
Registered
964 Posts
reddragon said:
I was soooo prepared that Honda Financing beat my "internet" loan check apr rate so I financed through Honda even though I was initially set against it.
I have to say that Honda financing has always been great as far as rates go.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new Red Ridgeline.

G

·
Welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here and we hope you keep coming back. We don't mind old pennies that keep turning up!!
Congrats!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
reddragon said:
Picked up my Red RTL w/moonroof NO NAVI.

It was a long courtship, my wife inquired to our local Honda dealer in February and knew more about the Ridgeline than they did. I was going to be an early adopter but decided to be a fast follower instead. My patience paid off for me and my 94 Ford Ranger with 185K miles held out for me too.

A month or so ago when the gas prices peaked and the Ridges stopped moving from the lots I decided to hop in with both feet and find a deal. I went to my local Honda dealer in Southern New Jersey and the sales guy challenged me to find a lower cost than his and he would match it, I told him he would have to beat it.

Final sales price including destination, $28,916. + tax and tags. I have to say the five hours I spent on Friday getting to that price were worth it (I have the scars to prove it). My wife said she saw a side of me she never saw before, I dont know if that is good or bad :p .

The info I gleaned from http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ helped me steer clear of the many "extra" traps that were set for me. I was soooo prepared that Honda Financing beat my "internet" loan check apr rate so I financed through Honda even though I was initially set against it.

Oh and the Ridgeline... Rides like a dream.

Thanks to this forum for providing me valuable information and making my decision over the 96 Taco an easier one.

I only see a few Ridgelines here in Southern New Jersey, don't forget to wave if you see me!

The best thing is that you bought the red!! good luck with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulations! I purchased the same model in White about three weeks ago:) . You beat my price by over $100!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats on the shiny new truck! I hope you didn't get suckered into a car loan that doesn't allow prepayment/early payoff -- that happened to an old roommate of mine... I helped her find the car she wanted, negotiated the deal, test drove it with her and everything... then, when it came time to signing the papers, she decided she wanted her dad there instead of me, because he was a public defender (and I'm just a programmer). The dealership offered to beat her bank's financing offer, so they took the deal... and read the fine print later... I wouldn't have let that happen! ;) :D

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Congrats and you chose the right color too!!! :D

ladyridge - I was going to ask "reddragon" if he voted his color yet in the color poll. I went to the poll first to see if he already had and noticed you can't do that.

In the "Male or Female" poll and in some other polls you can click on the number of votes at the right side of poll and see who (usernames) in each category. Kind of a neat feature/tool.

Is it possible to change/update the color poll to see who has what color?

Just a thought, never mind if it can't be done.

BTW, reddragon. You can do some editing under "User CP" up in the blue bar and your Ridgeline model and color will show under your name if you choose to.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the new Ridgeline

I am surprised that Honda Financing really competed well with other options. They were a full 1 percentage point above the number I got from my credit union. Luckily they had some odd program where they would take care of the interaction with the credit union for you, so all I had to do was fill out some paper work and it was done at my rate without any work involved.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Welcome aboard reddragon, It seems that you did very well on your purchase. I also used the web to help me with our new Ridge. You will find the posts on this forum answer every question you can think of and them some. Enjoy. It 's very addictive!! :p

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Congratulations on having great patience and getting a good deal. You got a pretty one too.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
SnowRidge said:
Congratulations! I purchased the same model in White about three weeks ago:) . You beat my price by over $100!
That's because the whites are more expensive! The Silver is the least expensive since we get them with only primer paint:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts