Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 3 months of reading just about every forum, review and news reports. After test driving one until the gas light came on. After visiting the dealership umteen million times. I finally bought a Nighthawk black RTL W/ Moon roof. I took advantage of the $2000 off promotion, traded in an aging dakota and got the package for $30,000 even (including tow package and fog lights). I should be picking it up from the dealer in two days.

I know alot of people don't like black because "black is hard to keep clean". I think the Ridgeline looks awesome in black!! If I have to wash it more, then I will wash it more. Thats all there is to it.

Hope everyone enjoys their ridge! If you don't have one...now is the time to buy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good for you! Did your homework, and got what you wanted. I spent half the weekend detailing my silver and loved every minute of it. 4th coat of wax went on this time too.
Drive it in good health

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations Godskid and welcome. As far as keeping your black ridge clean there is a thread on the Washing/Waxing/Detailing forumn on this very subject. Lot's of good advice.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Godskid said:
After about 3 months of reading just about every forum, review and news reports. After test driving one until the gas light came on. After visiting the dealership umteen million times. I finally bought a Nighthawk black RTL W/ Moon roof. I took advantage of the $2000 off promotion, traded in an aging dakota and got the package for $30,000 even (including tow package and fog lights). I should be picking it up from the dealer in two days.

I know alot of people don't like black because "black is hard to keep clean". I think the Ridgeline looks awesome in black!! If I have to wash it more, then I will wash it more. Thats all there is to it.

Hope everyone enjoys their ridge! If you don't have one...now is the time to buy!

What is the $2000 off promotion?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda is currently having ( in South Carolina anyway) a clearance sale of all Honda vehicles and are offering $2000 off MSRP before you even begin to talk to sales.

Hint: Go online and get quotes from several dealers in your area. I got a war going by doing this. I was offered a Amazon Green RTL W/Moonroof, tow package, taillight garnish, mud flaps, running boards, fog lights, and bush guards for $30500 this way. This dealership was too far away for my liking and when I checked the VIN, I found it was an early build. Got nervous. Didn't want to fight with water leakage. Anyway, the deals are out there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats. Mine is black and I happen to love washing my cars so its no prob for me. I wash at least 2 times a week. Just part of doing stuff, cleaning up and then wash the Ridge. Owned since March and everyone still gawks at it. :D

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Godskid said:

·
Registered
22 Posts
CONGRATS!!! I just got mine last Friday afternoon.

I love it!

I am doing the first wash and wax this week.

I also ordered the rubber bed mat online!

Joe

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of useful info around this site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Godskid said:
Honda is currently having ( in South Carolina anyway) a clearance sale of all Honda vehicles and are offering $2000 off MSRP before you even begin to talk to sales.

Hint: Go online and get quotes from several dealers in your area. I got a war going by doing this. I was offered a Amazon Green RTL W/Moonroof, tow package, taillight garnish, mud flaps, running boards, fog lights, and bush guards for $30500 this way. This dealership was too far away for my liking and when I checked the VIN, I found it was an early build. Got nervous. Didn't want to fight with water leakage. Anyway, the deals are out there.
Hello there and Congrats!

I Love black as well, but went with the silver, which i love as ..........hubby was pushing me for a black one, but having a long dirt driveway, a dirt road/driveway to our camp, black is just too hard for me, cause i like my cars looking nice......how do i found out about the VIN number/leakage situation? must be a thread on here somewhere.......(and yes, i know where my vin number is) :D just didn't know which numbers were "bad".....good luck and enjoy! i am having my roof rack installed next wed, can't wait! :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Please don't make more of this "leak situation" than it really is. It was a very rare occurrance in some of the early builds. You'd know it if you had it as your passenger side carpet would be wet after a downpour or a car wash.

·
Registered
46 Posts
shovelhd said:
Please don't make more of this "leak situation" than it really is. It was a very rare occurrance in some of the early builds. You'd know it if you had it as your passenger side carpet would be wet after a downpour or a car wash.

Ummm, yes, i WOULD know that IF i had run it through the car wash, or had a downpour, but low and behold, i have not had/done either........(I am quick to figure out the obvious on my OWN, even though I am blonde :cool: ) I was just asking a question that's all.....not losing sleep over it.....I have only had the truck one week today............

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Shovel, maybe it's easy for you to say not to make a big deal of the water leak. I am taking my RL in for the third time this morning over this and hopefully this will be the last.

When dealerships keep saying 'We've heard nothing about this problem' when about 7 to 8 other ROC members have documented problems, you can't believe everything you hear (from Honda). And how many non ROC members have reported this problem?

It's becoming a real inconvenience and I don't want a rental, I want it fixed.

Anyone investing $30k+ should be concerned about potential problems. And it may not necessarily be a VIN matter (see Ridgeline Crime Unit's post #112 under ...Uh Oh, Trouble in Paradise).

On a more positive note, Congrats on your new truck Godskid! Black is cool, especially chromed out!

Well, off to the dealership to waste another day in the service dept. waiting room....

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I didn't say it wasn't a big deal if you were affected. Read my post again. I said that it was a very rare occurrance from everything I've seen and heard about it, and it isn't necessarily VIN related.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Godskid, You really like black cars huh?? I use the "Mr Clean Thingy" to rinse all the hard water off mine and wipe her down with the "California Water Blade" then run it around the block and finish getting the drops running down from the mirrors with an "Absorber" Gotta keep her "Spotless" with black! Enjoy your new ride!! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I traded my black F150 for my new black RTL. It is definitely a prettier black with all those subsurface navy blue pearls sparkling through it. Black is just as cool temperature-wise as white or lighter colors. (The difference is barely detectable according to studies I have read). Finally, I think black looks great when it is a little dusty or dirty. No, make that filthy!

Rlguy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I'm black too, also chose the black grill offered as an option. I've been in black (in trucks) for the past 7 years and wouldn't have any other color. They look cool clean AND dirty. No offense, others.

rlguy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts