Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a 09' RTS Ridgeline that was to nice to let anyone else have it, so it is now sitting in my driveway. :act035:
Mint shape (couldn't find a stain anywhere and the drivers seat even looks new)
38K miles, $19,998 + TTT.
Plus it has many extras that I was already going to add; Gibson SS exhaust; Romik Running Board Style Side Steps; avs hood deflector; weathertech window deflectors; Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover and more.
I couldn't be happier with my purchase ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase.

ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Carsmak & jsawler.
Once I took the test drive, I knew I wasn't leaving without it.
They had the previous owners seat covers in a bag in the bed. I just about threw them out, until I saw how much they were. Getting washed and reinstalled...lol.
Had another quick detail done while waiting for funds to transfer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.
I'm a DIY guy and I'm wondering what sites and/or books does everyone recommend?
Youtube is very handy, but I like having proper reference material available.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thanks guys.
I'm a DIY guy and I'm wondering what sites and/or books does everyone recommend?
Youtube is very handy, but I like having proper reference material available.
Thanks
If you search on here, you'll find someone who can send you a PDF of the RL Service Manual. Indispensable in my opinion for a DIYer (or you could buy the hardcopy of course, which in my mind is even better ... I like paper).

As far as search site, just google what you need. 4 out of 5 times it will bring you to something back here on ROC... but sometimes you'll find really good stuff on Youtube or from another forum (Pilot, etc.).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done and yeah I've noticed that Dnick.
I need more shelving space for the RL parts & fluids. I like having general maintenance parts on hand, brake pads; wipers; oil filters; etc.
This is my first Honda vehicle so I don't have any Honda fluids on hand atm.
I can see using the recommended fluids for the transmission & rear diff, but I will probably continue using Mobile 1 synthetic for engine oil and transfer assembly.
Brake fluid and antifreeze isn't that big a deal, I will cont. using Honda brand as it's cheap enough really.
I see they even make windshield washer fluid...prolly cont. using my Rain-X....lol.
Since we all like pics, here is one my son took as we were finally leaving the dealership. He drove me there and it was a 4hr drive but good quality time. :)
I'm a little dirty as I was crawling around under the RL and checked all the fluids cold and at operating temp....lol
Face to names, this is me....

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks SeattleReign & Ridge2007.

Maxdriver, I really like the Gibson catback. It's not as "deep" sounding as some other systems out there, but it's loud enough to let you & others know that a performance exhaust is under there without having the annoying in-cabin droning sound.
There are systems that are even slightly quieter I think, so this is a good "middle of the road" sound for me....YMMV.

My impression: it provides a aggressive sound with minimal interior drone.

You can hear it while driving, but still have a conversation without yelling...lol.
I appreciated that on the 4hr drive home and was glad it wasn't deeper.

It sounds exactly like the one in this video....Here.

Good luck with your choice. :act035:

edit: Just checked Gibson's site, they offer 2 types for the RL.
Aluminized : #314000
Stainless : #614000

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the detailed response. Sounds like a nice upgrade from stock, without being obnoxious. Best of luck with your RL!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The back of the ridge didn't seem complete so I added a license plate cover and hitch cover.
I ordered weathertech digitalfit floor liners (due any day) and added the bumpframe license plate frame.
I modified the frame by cutting the bottom section off to fit.
Now I need to clean/prep & paint the frame & wire harness screws to clean up the look.
It's raining out, but here are some quick pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks tmy3329, OhSix and cccbock.
cccbock, I have to give credit to the 1st owner for taking such excellent care of my ride :p
OhSix, I think I stole it also....lol.
It's in mint shape. It's in better shape than a 11' & 2 - 13's that I previously looked at.
The final price didn't come easy though, I earned it and didn't go to jail so life is good....lol

I thought the hitch was black chrome when I purchased it online so I wasn't sure how it would look with the black plate frame.
I was going to order a stainless frame to tie it all together, but figured I'd put it on since I had it....think I'll roll with it.

I still have a few mods to do, but those will prolly be summer projects. :)
Not to mention I have a buddy that has a connection in Harman Kardon and he is dieing to hook me up with a complete sounds system.
The factory one works fine for me, but when he mentioned 75% off anything I wanted he got me thinking....lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts