Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did a test drive spree last week. We had our eye on the RL, but wanted to check out as many trucks as possible.

First stop - the Chevy dealership to drive the Avalanche. It had a surprisingly great ride and the mid gate was a nice feature, but it was just too much truck for what we needed. Not to mention, we have had bad luck with GM vehicles in the past and were a little wary of going down that road again.

It was then off to the Toyota dealership. We drove the Tacoma - very rough ride. It seemed like it would be a great workhorse, but that's not really what we need. The back seat would not have been comfortable for long trips.

The Tundra had a smooth ride but it was just HUGE. We would be using our truck as a second family vehicle and it felt like we were driving a house.

DH said, "I don't need an 8 cyl. I don't need a huge bed. I need something comfortable, safe and easy to maneuver." Uh... That would be the RL.

He went to the dealership this morning. We got invoice pricing (I don't think the RLs are in high demand in NE Ohio). We pick it up this afternoon!

A special thanks for the great check list :D and all of the wonderful information here. Dh brought the list and the salesman actually went through it with him.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Great color choice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I also considered the Avalanche, but I thought it was too big for my needs. I'm sure you will be very happy with your RL - you definetly picked the best color!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Actually of course, everyone :p knows the BEST color is Amazon Green - oh man, I love my green - green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green, green,green, green, green, green, green, green, green.....

I do love my GREEN Ridge...

Well, the Blue does look a "wee" bit cool, but did I tell you how much I like my GREEN Ridge even with the hail damage :D

L

·
0 Posts
Gretchen said:
We did a test drive spree last week. We had our eye on the RL, but wanted to check out as many trucks as possible.

First stop - the Chevy dealership to drive the Avalanche. It had a surprisingly great ride and the mid gate was a nice feature, but it was just too much truck for what we needed. Not to mention, we have had bad luck with GM vehicles in the past and were a little wary of going down that road again.

It was then off to the Toyota dealership. We drove the Tacoma - very rough ride. It seemed like it would be a great workhorse, but that's not really what we need. The back seat would not have been comfortable for long trips.

The Tundra had a smooth ride but it was just HUGE. We would be using our truck as a second family vehicle and it felt like we were driving a house.

DH said, "I don't need an 8 cyl. I don't need a huge bed. I need something comfortable, safe and easy to maneuver." Uh... That would be the RL.

He went to the dealership this morning. We got invoice pricing (I don't think the RLs are in high demand in NE Ohio). We pick it up this afternoon!

A special thanks for the great check list :D and all of the wonderful information here. Dh brought the list and the salesman actually went through it with him.
Congratulations neighbor. Welcome to the ROC family.
Mind if I ask the initials of the dealership you bought her from?? Just curious if we bought from the same place.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ladyridge said:
Congratulations neighbor. Welcome to the ROC family.
Mind if I ask the initials of the dealership you bought her from?? Just curious if we bought from the same place.
Enjoy the ride.
T.H.S. That would be cool! I've only seen one RL on the road in my area. It was silver. I was in my CR-V and I wanted to do a thumbs up but it flew past me too fast!

L

·
0 Posts
Gretchen said:
T.H.S. That would be cool! I've only seen one RL on the road in my area. It was silver. I was in my CR-V and I wanted to do a thumbs up but it flew past me too fast!
Hmmm...is that dealership in Youngstown??
And is your area south of Cleveland?? May have been me wizzing by!! :cool: :rolleyes:
You can private message me if you like. Maybe we can chat and meet up sometime for a soda.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Man!, Lots of blue ones. We almost bought a Titan (there's four of em on my block) but I saw on there forums alot of issues I'd rather do without. Plus we have been Honda folks since the 60's. I'm so glad we waited for the Ridge. :D

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Go Gretchen, Go Gretchen, Get your groove on! Have a blast in your truck girlfriend! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts