Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Firestone Destination ST? I would be looking to use it as a summer tire only, since I run Blizzaks over the winter. From the looks of it, and design comments, it would be good in heavy rain. I am looking for a little more steering responsiveness and ultimate grip over the stock Michelins.

Flymo

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks like it does well in its performance category. Firestone makes a great truck tire. If you never, ever go offroad, I'd say this would be a good 3 season tire. If you ever go offroad, however, I would not want to rely on it. I actually want a bit better offroad traction so I'll be moving to the Destination A/T a little later this year.

If you haven't already, try playing with tire pressures. I thought the RL was a rowboat when I first got it until I raised the tire pressure to the mid-30s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had them on my Nissan and they were good. They looked good and didn't have a loud road noise going down the free way. The ware was descent.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback - nothing like real world experience! If I ever go offroad it would be on relatively mild fire roads - I need the AWD for winter, not terrain.

For reference, I've already worked with the tire pressures - my Ridge was delivered at 35 PSI and I thought it was terribly sloppy (don't even want to know what it's like at the recommended 32). I bumped it to 38 and it improved significantly, and when I went to wider rims, bumped it again to 40 PSI.

Flymo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts