Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since aftermarket scanning devices are able to display the transmission fluid temperature (and a variety of other parameters), the vehicle must already have a sensor that sends the TFT to the data port under the dash. This information is useful when pulling a trailer or going slowly through rough terrain. Would it be possible to display the TFT in one of the various dash displays accessible with the steering wheel control buttons? Would it be possible to implement this with something as simple as a firmware upgrade? This seems like it might be easy and cheap. But maybe not.

·
Registered
2021 Sport • Radiant Red Metallic II
107 Posts
Since aftermarket scanning devices are able to display the transmission fluid temperature (and a variety of other parameters), the vehicle must already have a sensor that sends the TFT to the data port under the dash. This information is useful when pulling a trailer or going slowly through rough terrain. Would it be possible to display the TFT in one of the various dash displays accessible with the steering wheel control buttons? Would it be possible to implement this with something as simple as a firmware upgrade? This seems like it might be easy and cheap. But maybe not.
It would be great to be able to display not only the TFT but other engine/vehicle info. Not sure about easy or cheap, but it should be doable - the question is, will it ever be done? and is it even viewed as a "feature" that owners would want. My wife's Edge ST has numerous displays available with a quick flick of a button - my C7 Vette can quickly/easily display as many parameters that anyone could ever wish for. I do miss all the "gauges" in my Ridgeline - wish there an easy way to add them.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,766 Posts
The info is in the Rigi's 'puter.....Honda just doesn't deem it necessary to display it anywhere on the dash. I presume all the info can be displayed on the dealerships scan tool as well (for a fee).

Other info available is vacuum/boost, volts, loop, gear position, intake air temp, yata, yata, blah, blah.

Attachments

Reactions: Legeis

·
Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The info is in the Rigi's 'puter.....Honda just doesn't deem it necessary to display it anywhere on the dash.
Exactly. Why should I have to stick another thing that really doesn't belong there onto my so thoughtfully designed Honda dashboard? The thing has a digital display that is nearly infinitely configurable, so display more useful data that is already being collected. It doesn't have to be the default display. A lot of people wouldn't be interested. But it would be nice to be able to choose to display more operating data if you choose.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,766 Posts
Exactly. Why should I have to stick another thing that really doesn't belong there onto my so thoughtfully designed Honda dashboard? The thing has a digital display that is nearly infinitely configurable, so display more useful data that is already being collected. It doesn't have to be the default display. A lot of people wouldn't be interested. But it would be nice to be able to choose to display more operating data if you choose.
I would just like for the radio to stay on when you turn the motor off but that ain’t going to happen with the current Honda suits and ties.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,890 Posts
I would just like for the radio to stay on when you turn the motor off but that ain’t going to happen with the current Honda suits and ties.
Well my stock '19 Odyssey does that. Engine totally off, RES and audio going on till I open the driver side door.

Hold out hope that one day the Ridgeline might get that feature too.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,766 Posts
A Genuine Honda duh, IMO. Kinda like D.C., left hand doesn’t know, or care, what the right hand is doing.🤦‍♂️☹

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.