Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Considering I'll have to push the stupid button about 500 times a year, it'd be worth it, if it works right and doesn't screw anything up. Idlestopper.com? Thank you.

What exactly is the light that comes on that people talk about covering up? Do they mean the amber light when you turn auto stop start off?
I've said before, at 85 bucks the idlestopper is overpriced but it works, very easy to install and I would absolutely buy it again.

It really helps out when you're running errands all over and getting in and out of the truck. Sooner or later you just forget to hit that stupid button.... this does it for you.

And yes the amber light that indicates it's off. Easy enough to ignore, I question the need for most of the lights indicating something is off.

·
Registered
2021 black edition
133 Posts
Considering I'll have to push the stupid button about 500 times a year, it'd be worth it, if it works right and doesn't screw anything up. Idlestopper.com? Thank you.

What exactly is the light that comes on that people talk about covering up? Do they mean the amber light when you turn auto stop start off?
If you don't want to buy idlestopper, you can just press the brake pedal with less force. If you press it just enough to stop and hold the truck, the engine stays on and a message appears on the dash letting you know that pressing the brake harder will stop the engine. It takes a bit of practice but now it is second nature and I don't think about it. Waiting for a break in traffic to pull put of a parking lot? Press the pedal lightly to keep the engine on. Sitting at a very long red light? Press the pedal harder and save some fuel. No big deal and no button to press.

·
Banned
2022 Sport "Strippie" Grand Piano Black
98 Posts
If you don't want to buy idlestopper, you can just press the brake pedal with less force. If you press it just enough to stop and hold the truck, the engine stays on and a message appears on the dash letting you know that pressing the brake harder will stop the engine. It takes a bit of practice but now it is second nature and I don't think about it. Waiting for a break in traffic to pull put of a parking lot? Press the pedal lightly to keep the engine on. Sitting at a very long red light? Press the pedal harder and save some fuel. No big deal and no button to press.
Glad that works for you. Maybe pressing the brake pedal lightly works, but it sounds like just another thing to think about, when there's enough to think about already while driving. I don't want to have to push a brake pedal with just the right consistency and force, in order to stop something else from happening. A brake pedal is for stopping the vehicle. Long vent longer, I just don't want to be bothered by the whole thing anymore. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2021 black edition
133 Posts
Glad that works for you. Maybe pressing the brake pedal lightly works, but it sounds like just another thing to think about, when there's enough to think about already while driving. I don't want to have to push a brake pedal with just the right consistency and force, in order to stop something else from happening. A brake pedal is for stopping the vehicle. Long vent longer, I just don't want to be bothered by the whole thing anymore. Thank you though.
To each his own. I think it is a pretty cool feature. No buttons, just pressure modulation.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Until 2019 you could get an RTL with a very modest yet replaceable sound system, and no nannies. I had read so many complaints by ROC members about the touchscreen system - including that it's very difficult to replace - that I went the RTL route, and am happy with it. I realize this isn't pertinent for those buying new trucks now, but I wish Honda still built the RL with a trim-level option that gave buyers more control over their trucks' electronic systems.
I think the infotainment control panel is a dangerous distraction for any driver. I didn’t buy the truck for a screen full of impressive Gee-Whiz electronic functions.
Like some phone apps, several of those controls should be disabled when the truck is moving.

·
Banned
2022 Sport "Strippie" Grand Piano Black
98 Posts
I think the infotainment control panel is a dangerous distraction for any driver. I didn’t buy the truck for a screen full of impressive Gee-Whiz electronic functions.
Like some phone apps, several of those controls should be disabled when the truck is moving.
Lotta people texting and driving out there, especially young people. I have eyes glued to the road most of the time, ready to react to an oncoming swerving vehicle. But something as simple as changing a preset radio station has been ruined by Honda with this awful touchscreen. I'm starting to get used to the steering wheel controls so I can arrow through the stations.

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Modern Steel with Gray interior
150 Posts
Yeah the ACC in my Stinger was a lot more advanced so I never expected the one in the Ridgeline to match it, but I'm surprised at how poorly it does work in situations I don't feel are that difficult for it to handle. I test drove a 2020 Ridgeline because it was all they had and I wasn't super impressed with the ACC, but I was hoping they'd improved it in the 2022. I don't want to rag on the truck by any means, it's great. I'm just trying to see what other owners think of certain things.
Saw the OPs comments on the ACC and he thought it "stabbed" at the brakes too much. Is this the same issue you've had/observed? I've only had my RTL-E for a week and use the ACC quite a bit, so far it's performed like any other car I've had or driven with it (Jeep Wrangler and several rentals - Kia, Hyundai, Chrysler, Ford). Curious to see if my Ridgeline develops any ACC issues.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've said before, at 85 bucks the idlestopper is overpriced but it works, very easy to install and I would absolutely buy it again.

It really helps out when you're running errands all over and getting in and out of the truck. Sooner or later you just forget to hit that stupid button.... this does it for you.

And yes the amber light that indicates it's off. Easy enough to ignore, I question the need for most of the lights indicating something is off.
Thanks for this, was wondering if someone had it for the Ridgeline. Installed this on my Jeep Wrangler and it worked like a charm - however installation anywhere behind the dash (where it was installed on the Jeep) was a pain, you had to be a contortionist and then put up with various seat/floor items digging in your back:). One for the Jeep was $99 so $85 is a bargain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for this, was wondering if someone had it for the Ridgeline. Installed this on my Jeep Wrangler and it worked like a charm - however installation anywhere behind the dash (where it was installed on the Jeep) was a pain, you had to be a contortionist and then put up with various seat/floor items digging in your back:). One for the Jeep was $99 so $85 is a bargain.
Very easy and harmless install on Ridge. Great Mod…

·
Registered
150 Posts
Very easy and harmless install on Ridge. Great Mod…
Just watched the YouTube installation video and it looks pretty straight forward and even easier on a Ridgeline. Hoping prying up the cell phone charging mat is as easy as it looked - always hate prying up trim. etc with clips on them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Saw the OPs comments on the ACC and he thought it "stabbed" at the brakes too much. Is this the same issue you've had/observed? I've only had my RTL-E for a week and use the ACC quite a bit, so far it's performed like any other car I've had or driven with it (Jeep Wrangler and several rentals - Kia, Hyundai, Chrysler, Ford). Curious to see if my Ridgeline develops any ACC issues.
I have a very sensitive backside when it comes to feeling things inside a vehicle so it annoys me. Other people may not feel it quite as much as I do, like my wife hasn't said anything about it when she's been in the truck with me. I can just constantly feel it doing little grabs of the brake when I'm behind someone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a very sensitive backside when it comes to feeling things inside a vehicle so it annoys me. Other people may not feel it quite as much as I do, like my wife hasn't said anything about it when she's been in the truck with me. I can just constantly feel it doing little grabs of the brake when I'm behind someone.
Copy, I know what what you are saying on the little grabs/pulses. They don't seem any more or less than what I have experienced with other systems, then again I'm retired and living in an area where 5-10 minutes of traffic is considered a jam:). Might be more noticeable and or annoying if I still lived in the southern CA or DC area.

·
Registered
150 Posts

To you and JuanTrippe - Idlestopper arrived today and I had it installed in 20 min (maybe less), appreciate all the info, this is one of the better adds. Couldn't believe how easy this was to install compared to the Jeep which took an hour (especially since it was mid summer in FL, besides having to get behind the dash from below there was some "tiding" up to do).

·
Registered
22 RTL-E
131 Posts
I think it may be a surging of the throttle off and on maybe mixed with the transmission shifting. Both my 2018 Accord and 2019 Pacifica are much smoother and quicker to react when passing. Also, they both work in stop and go traffic. I had a 2015 Accord and the ACC was very similar to the current Ridgelines. So it seems the Ridgeline is a generation behind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The side mirror tilt answer is here:

What trim level do you have? The sound system gets an “upgrade” at the RTL-E level.
Put the switch to the side you want to adjust the put the transmission in reverse and watch it move. It only does 1 side at a time

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E PACIFIC PEWTER
117 Posts
Don’t used the ACC much , and have notice the gas mileage dropped considerably compared to without ACC .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Buy the idlestopper, it’s a 15-30 minute install and worth every single penny I spent on it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts