Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on a weekend vactation this weekend in New Hampshire, when I got a lovely door ding. I stopped for gas and was getting out when I felt the worst feeling in the world of the door hitting something. I got out and saw that there was a concrete island at the end of the pump that I so nicely hit the corner of. Only 1200 miles on it at that point to....funny thing is, the ding is right where the OEM body side moldings would go....seriously considering them now, it would cover the ding and prevent further ones....hmmm......

·
Registered
626 Posts
I truly hate those concrete barriers at the pumps. I know, I know, they're there to keep people (drunk or otherwise) from running into the pumps themselves, causing at the very least some kind of leak, if not an outright kaboom!

But I still hate them. *HATE*. I can't tell you how many times, with how many cars, I've managed to hit them. I feel your pain.

This is one of the two big reasons why I have body side protectors -- because of my own inability to keep myself from opening my door on the stupid concrete blocks of great evil at the gas stations, and to keep the rest of the world from opening their door into the side of my truck. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
ouch, I purchased a brand new 1998 S10 ZR2 and 50 minutes after picking it up some lady ran into the rear side of the bed. They had to replace the entire bedside. I didn't even get it home ....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those OEM moldings are looking better by the minute.....;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts