Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to PA Dutch County Camp Grounds this past weekend. 30days Thousand Trails membership was included in the purchase of the Trailer. This was our first ever trip and it was a learning process as well. The sewer wasn’t working at the campground, so we had to change plans on the way home to find a dumping station. FYI, there is a dumping station in Penn Service Plaza in Allentown, PA. But had an awesome time. Cant wait go on our next trip!

The truck towed well and kept an average of 60-65mph. Im pretty sure I was near or on the limit. When the trailer hit a bump you can feel the back of the truck bounce alittle more as if it the rear shocks couldn’t support the weight. We probably over packed. But we will eliminate what we don’t need for our next trip hoping to save some weight. The trailers dry weight was 3200lbs. With 3 bikes and a family of five, the weight adds up pretty quickly. The weight distribution hitch and brake controller is a must have if your towing at the limit. I’ll see if I can weigh it next time.

The trip was about 500 miles round trip. As you can see it was 12.4 mpg. I used regular gas 87 octane. Left it in “D” the whole way. Very happy with the truck. The bad is if we get a bigger trailer, then I would need a bigger truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Went to PA Dutch County Camp Grounds this past weekend. 30days Thousand Trails membership was included in the purchase of the Trailer. This was our first ever trip and it was a learning process as well. The sewer wasn’t working at the campground, so we had to change plans on the way home to find a dumping station. FYI, there is a dumping station in Penn Service Plaza in Allentown, PA. But had an awesome time. Cant wait go on our next trip!

The truck towed well and kept an average of 60-65mph. Im pretty sure I was near or on the limit. When the trailer hit a bump you can feel the back of the truck bounce alittle more as if it the rear shocks couldn’t support the weight. We probably over packed. But we will eliminate what we don’t need for our next trip hoping to save some weight. The trailers dry weight was 3200lbs. With 3 bikes and a family of five, the weight adds up pretty quickly. The weight distribution hitch and brake controller is a must have if your towing at the limit. I’ll see if I can weigh it next time.

The trip was about 500 miles round trip. As you can see it was 12.4 mpg. I used regular gas 87 octane. Left it in “D” the whole way. Very happy with the truck. The bad is if we get a bigger trailer, then I would need a bigger truck.

Is your truck awd
Sorry I couldn’t tell

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pulling our new Casita TT with the 2017 RL we have been getting 16.4 to 18.8 mpg with the trailer. Casita weight 2650 lbs. and a 400 lbs. tong weight, I guess the shape of the Casita does cut the wind better, that's why they call them EGG trailers. The 17' Casita is smaller then your trailer that could probably be the biggest difference.

trainman

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great camping pics! I thought I'd share some of mine as well. The RL is awesome for camping. Took her up to Muskoka, Canada this past weekend. We had a non-electrical site, so the A/C power inverter and the Truck-bed audio came in handy. The in-bed trunk was awesome for storing away our food at night.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts