Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic on 7/3/16 and filled it up for the first time. 4 miles on pick up and as of today I had 336 miles on it with an 1/8th of a tank left. As a previous Toyota Tundra owner, I was really pleased with my MPG's

Drove the first 100 miles around town, then took it camping and put on around another 200 driving highway and curvy mountain roads. According to the computer I got 21.8 MPG's. According to the math 336 miles, 15.599 gallons I got 21.539 MPG's. So it was not that far off.

I tried ECON mode for most of the 200 miles on my camping trip. I had it pretty packed too. Wife, kid dog and trunk and bed were fully loaded. I didn't really notice much of a lack of power, but playing around with it a little today I could tell the difference when I switched it off while accelerating from a stop. It gave a good little bump when switched off during mid acceleration. I don't think I will miss that extra little power off the line so I'll probably drive in ECON mode while putting around town. I think if I'm trying to pass on the highway or accelerate up a hill I will drive with it off.

So far I love the truck. I loved my Tundra, but didn't need a V8 and I felt the Tacoma was too small for me. (6'3" 225). I fit in the RL2 very comfortably and the visibility is a lot better than all compact trucks out there and most mid-sized SUV's that I have driven or been in.

I'm still figuring out how to use some of the technology features, but I am really liking the adaptive cruise control. Don't have to constantly play with the accel or decel buttons on the steering wheel or have to tap the brake to turn off the cruise.

Thanks for reading... If you have any questions let me know.

Ivan

Portland, OR

Attachments

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Drove the first 100 miles around town, then took it camping and put on around another 200 driving highway and curvy mountain roads. According to the computer I got 21.8 MPG's. According to the math 336 miles, 15.599 gallons I got 21.539 MPG's. So it was not that far off.
Ivan

Portland, OR
What is that second image? 1.4 miles, 3.1 mpg?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gives you a history of the last three times you've reset your trip. Since it was my first fill up the only history was when it got reset before or after delivery to the dealership. I took a picture of it today and it shows yesterdays information.

FYI there is a setting that will automatically reset your trip meter when you fill up so you never have to do it manually. Honda thought of everything.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts