Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Great Find!!

Good job in finding this article.

I thought I heard that the truck was going to be officially unveiled at one of the upcoming auto shows this month. I would love to get some real specs on this truck.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Great Find!!

zero said:
I thought I heard that the truck was going to be officially unveiled at one of the upcoming auto shows this month.
You did. It's supposed to be unveiled on the 9th of January, I think.

I'm working on getting specs. As soon as I get them, they'll be here. So keep checking back. We'll have them soon!

·
2,346 Posts
I guess then it is good news to hear that the first units will be rolling off the production line at the end of January. Maybe it won't be until Spring or Summer after all before they may show up at your local Honda dealer. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't believe everything you read... It says the line off ceremony will be Jan 31, the ceremony is a formality and for every line off ceremony the plant has already built hundreds of that model. And this is no different for Ridgeline, HCM has built tons of trucks already, it is pretty nice IMO.

Also, the article says 800 trucks a day, this is only partly true. Capacity at HCM plant 2 is 800 units a day (800 a day at Plant 1 Civic plant too). This 800 units will be split between Pilot, MDX and Ridgeline. Plant 2 began with '99 Odyssey in '98, then added MDX, then Pilot (building all 3 models every day). This summer HCM built out previous gen Odyssey and the new Odyssey started being built in Alabama (they're building Pilot there now too)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since Honda has already begun to actually manufacture these trucks and roll them off the assembly line, why do we have to wait until March to get the chance to buy one?

Also, since they are already in production, why aren't all the options available to the public yet? (I.E. Honda's "Build and Price" feature)

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would be a dream to be able to order on line direct to Honda. No hassles with color, interior, options etc. I doubt it would limit sales at the dealers either. Because most folks will still want to go out and get it now, not wait the weeks between order and delivery.

What a niche market. Honda are you listening?

·
2,346 Posts
I check the Honda website everyday to see if they have added the Ridgeline to the 'Build and Price' area. I would love to price out a Ridgeline with all of the options and accessories that I am interested in purchasing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same here. it really killing me i want to know what the black one will look like.

I have alotta things I wanna upgrade

20 inch rims
step bar
grill
mirror cover etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solo2EG said:
Don't believe everything you read... It says the line off ceremony will be Jan 31, the ceremony is a formality and for every line off ceremony the plant has already built hundreds of that model. And this is no different for Ridgeline, HCM has built tons of trucks already, it is pretty nice IMO.

Also, the article says 800 trucks a day, this is only partly true. Capacity at HCM plant 2 is 800 units a day (800 a day at Plant 1 Civic plant too). This 800 units will be split between Pilot, MDX and Ridgeline. Plant 2 began with '99 Odyssey in '98, then added MDX, then Pilot (building all 3 models every day). This summer HCM built out previous gen Odyssey and the new Odyssey started being built in Alabama (they're building Pilot there now too)
Hey thats pretty good! You seem fairly informed on HCMs event calender. I'll actually be part of the line off ceremony. I still do not know what I will actually be doing. Rehersal is after shift Fri. 28th.
Our production #s are climbing daily, increasing by lots of 30 until we reach 240 units a day. The change from SUV to pick-up is a nice change of pace. Different parts to work with, new job rotation, it's a welcome challenge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe for you, for us in Weld it's been a major pain... New robots, new fixtures, new parts... Oh well, I like the truck, wish I could afford it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts