Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove into the Honda dealer, before I could get out, my sales guy came running to say they had arrived. 3 Brand new Ridgelines fresh off the truck, still wrapped in plastic, sat out in the side yard.
I sat in 2 of them, an RTS and an RTL, wow, are they nice. The trunk is huge, the interiers, in my opinion are anything but cheap looking, very well put together.
The big chrome handle that look out of place in pictures, seem very natural when you climb in and close the door, and the chrome on steering whell is much nicer than I thought it would be.
The center console, is huge, but has nice features, lots of room for maps, and CD's.
Anyway, they have taken to prep for driving, so later this afternoon I will talk the Mrs. down for a test drive.
They did not get in an RT, so I can not post a picture, but I will as soon as one comes in.

They wait is over.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ridge said:
That sounded very exciting and I'm not sure why. It was a paragraph about sitting in a truck, and I hung on every word. I need to get a life or something, or mabey get a Ridgeline. :)
Yeah, I know what you mean. Seems silly.
;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I must whole heartedly agree with your first impression. My experience today was almost identical to yours. My salesman called me this morning and said they had three. I showed up a little later and he took me back to the service area as they were still being prepped......In my opinion, it is even better than advertised......much better in person. Honda does such an amazing job with packaging. The trunk is huge, I thought it would seem small in person, in fact it is so deep you almost think it must be dragging on the pavement. The interior was very nice and extremely functional, I was impressed with the leather. The rear seating area is much roomier than it appears in pictures. The angle on the seat backs are nice and comfortable. I had the exact same impression with the large handle......to me, it looks appropriate and feels very solid. I hope to go back tomorrow and go for a drive......I think I am ready to buy.....I have been waiting for this vehicle for 5 years.....finally someone built one vehicle that fits my diverse needs!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am envious. My salesman told me yesterday that their entire shipment was damaged in transit, and none of the four vehicles they were expecting were coming in. He didn't know when they will be getting any. ARGHHH. Apparently a train car full of twenty of them were all damaged; what a waste! I wasn't sure whether to believe him until I went to another dealer in the area, who told me that they lost 2 also.

·
Registered
152 Posts
AHart said:
I am envious. My salesman told me yesterday that their entire shipment was damaged in transit, and none of the four vehicles they were expecting were coming in. He didn't know when they will be getting any. ARGHHH. Apparently a train car full of twenty of them were all damaged; what a waste! I wasn't sure whether to believe him until I went to another dealer in the area, who told me that they lost 2 also.
Wow, doesn't sound good for us in Southern Ca. We might be waiting a little longer...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like I said above, I was very impressed. I could not drive one because they were still being detailed and I had to get back to work. I went back tonight, after they were closed, just to look at them. They had two silver, one with cloth and one with leather but no navi and the third was the blue with navi. I am leaning toward the blue. HOWEVER, I noticed on the window they had pasted one of those extra dealer applied stickers that read "appearance package.....$992.00". :eek: My first words to them tomorrow will be....." I will pay no more than MSRP or I will wait......I am very patient".......
I am sure I will go by early in the morning to catch it once again in the light without anyone bothering me!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ridge said:
Nice to hear people are impressed by the leather. I wonder where all these cheap interior comments come from. Did honda change the leather since the auto shows I wonder?
Its possible Honda changed the leather as the trucks at the car shows were pre-production. I believe most of those (pre-production) were built in Oct. & Nov.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just picked up mine this morning (black RTL Navi). I have already put 100 miles on it. Let the questions begin..............

I would love to attach a picture but, it's too large. I guess I can only post a picture of 170 KB or smaller. My pictures are much larger then that. Sorry........

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congrats, chicago. You have the exact truck that I am waiting for from my dealership. Unfortunatley mine has a build date of March 26th :(

Enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
chicago said:
I just picked up mine this morning (black RTL Navi). I have already put 100 miles on it. Let the questions begin..............
I would love to attach a picture but, it's too large. I guess I can only post a picture of 170 KB or smaller. My pictures are much larger then that. Sorry........
Lucky dog, jealous I am. Ok, here's my questions:

1. Price paid relative to MSRP

2. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in the dash display actual psi reading for each tire or just a general this tire is low symbol?

3. Does the tailgate lock? Does the trunk lock with the key fob?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I payed MSRP.......$35,150 or something like that. With tax, titla, extended warranty, and gap coverage, the total financed was about 39,000. I didn't put anything down.

Tire pressure monitoring system is simply a symbol in the dash, that goes on & off. It doesn't tell you your tire pressure, it just tells you which tire is low.

both the tailgate & trunk lock. The gate locks with the in-cab door lock switch, and the trunk with both key & in-cab door lock switch.

When you get yours, you'll be amazed with the ride & handling.

The Navigation is AWSOME!!! Best I've ever seen. I only wish it was Blue Tooth compatible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's obvious that the critics on the interrior are not prior Honda owners. The interrior of this truck is great. You can tell it's solid like the Accord. It shouldn't rattle & ping after about 70,000 miles like the american cars & trucks do. The leather is great......soft & supple. The leather has tiny vent holes, which give it a somewhat of a cheap appearance, but with a closer look, you can see the leather is top grain, and of good quality. The drivers seat is very comfortable. In my personall opinion, Honda has set a new benchmark in the mid-size truck market. The more I drive it, the more I like it. I'm thinking Motor Trend truck of the year.........

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chicago,

So based on what you are seeing, this statement from teh press release sounds a bit overstated.
"TPMS Indicator: Has individual tire display with air pressures and warnings "
I wonder, if a tire is going down, does it then give the pressure?

chicago said:
I payed MSRP.......$35,150 or something like that. With tax, titla, extended warranty, and gap coverage, the total financed was about 39,000. I didn't put anything down.

Tire pressure monitoring system is simply a symbol in the dash, that goes on & off. It doesn't tell you your tire pressure, it just tells you which tire is low.

both the tailgate & trunk lock. The gate locks with the in-cab door lock switch, and the trunk with both key & in-cab door lock switch.

When you get yours, you'll be amazed with the ride & handling.

The Navigation is AWSOME!!! Best I've ever seen. I only wish it was Blue Tooth compatible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts