Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadn't had it a week before I saw a huge gouge out of the back of the driver's side mirror *sigh*. And I didn't do it!

Will try the touch up paint but if it does not come out, I am seriously considering just replacing the damned side mirror. But I dont know if it is even possible to get this part replaced, would I have to have a dealer do it? or is it something I could have the Parts guy order and do it myself?

L

·
0 Posts
chipmeister said:
Hadn't had it a week before I saw a huge gouge out of the back of the driver's side mirror *sigh*. And I didn't do it!
Somewhere...among all the posts...lies a thread of us who share your pain. :(

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah, I'm quite sure you can replace the side mirror (haven't ever done one myself), but if you have the heated mirrors there's sure to be more involved than just the part itself... plus I imagine it would involve removing the trim from inside the door to get to some bolts (just guessing here). I'd definitely try to touch it up first, and see if you can live with it. Check out H & A accessories -- I hear they also have a Chipmender pen, which might work better than touch-up paint, which is kinda hard to apply smoothly... see this post for more info:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2953&highlight=touch-up

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts