Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... if I buy it! Yes, I'm looking at the G2 Ridgelines. I've always strongly preferred sports coupes and sedans. But somehow, now that I'm past middle-age, it's time. I have lots of yard work, landscaping, and outdoor recreation in mind and it just makes sense. It'd also be my first Honda, interestingly enough.

Family man, semi-retired IT consultant, car enthusiast and finding myself, thanks to modern medicine, finally able to enjoy the outdoors. I have two sports cars and an '04 Camry to sell before I buy the G2. I'm looking at AWD and, most likely, the RTL. I don't see my desire for LED DRLs on the RTL-T being worth the $2K extra. And for less than that $2K I can likely upgrade the HU for something with nav. But who knows.

At this point, based on my slow schedule, my local salesperson doesn't even think he'll have what I want when I'm ready. Something about "only" 400,000 being made for the U.S. this year. But I know car salesmen know few-to-no facts.

There. Intro done. Looking forward to participating!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Kazz, You sound a lot like I did four years ago.

All my life (with one regrettable exception) I have always driven manual-transmission sedans (and one coupe), my last two cars were Audi A4 Turbos (APR tuned). But as a DIY homeowner, 'yardiner' and animal rescue volunteer, I needed something a bit more utilitarian. I could not stomach any of the traditional pickups, but the Ridgeline gives me the utility I need and is easy to live with on a daily basis. I hope to trade my G1 for a G2 in a few years to move the needle even closer to the sedans of my youth. :)

Reactions: Kazz

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, coolbob! I actually have a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S that puts 200hp to the front wheels and weighs under 2500lbs (leather, six-speed) as my daily, an Evo 8 running about 400hp to all wheels as a toy, and an (as yet) unmolested '95 Miata I bought for the wife. It'll be a huge change!

Of course, I've not yet pulled the trigger. But I've test-driven the new Tacoma and a few trim-levels of the Colorado. So something's definitely driving me. I spend a lot of time thinking about getting rid of these cars. I'm slowly moving towards the mid-sized truck idea!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts