Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall!

Been lurking these forums for the past 2 years. Had my 08' RTX for about 3 years, found out alot of information on this form about fitting issues and best looking parts for Ridgelines! Also, this community is extremely well informed! All of your minds combined have gotten me out of HUGEEEE garage bills!

I just finished paying off my RTX back in August so now I have some money floating around and wanted to tackle some mods for my truck. First I wanted to paint the grille and here are the results, ENJOY!

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
Looks great! Just hope you put some cardboard in front of the radiator...

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,891 Posts
Possibly, Trans cooler, Power Steering cooler & Radiator fins caked with paint could diminish cooling capabilities. Try to park at sunrise or sunset or grab the 1 million candle power light and check them out. Maybe grab a pic or two. You should know what really looks bad

· Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Only if you clogged up the radiator openings or put a heavy coat of paint on. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge for a while and see if the temps start to creep up. From the looks of your pictures. It doesn't look like you applied a thick enough coat to make the over spray cause any cooling issues.

Most of those high heat header paints are usually pretty thin. Some even contain silica-ceramic particulate to help dissipate heat. I have used header paint and BBQ paint on bike radiators for years without issues.

BTW the blacked out trim looks good on your rig!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.