Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)

Ah darn that was a good feeling. Everyone I know wanted a tour of it. I LOVE my Passat, even if it's my second one, but NO ONE EVER came up to me and asked to see it. No one ever drug me away from work to the parking lot before.

I hauled my Passat's flat tire to the shop today.

How ironic.

Darn, I HAD to drive the Ridgeline to work.

It's been a LONG time since I've been at the same level as the evil SUV folks, etc.....

It's a good thing.

New respect on the road.

Have you noticed ALL other trucks look old and dated.

I feel like we're on the edge of the curve in truck design,

but not afraid we'll roll over.

It drives well.

Better than I thought it would.

It could use a bit more jazz in the tunes.

It's comfortable.

I swear I'll figure out that darn lock system.

If it kills me.

I'll keep looking diligently until I find the darn tonneau cover I want.

No offense to current tonneau owners by all means.

Everyone buys something for their own distinctive reasons.

I want to be dry and easy.

What's wrong with that?

I can't wait to haul something BIG.

Which has nothing to do with a tonneau cover.

I wish I had something to tow.

Maybe a boat......

Hmmmm.

Christmas is coming.

Better get my list together.

All in all, a great first day.

All the new accessories,

from the grill to the trunk cargo net,

get installed Thursday.

Can't wait.

Tell me.

What was the most memorable thing about driving YOUR Ridgeline the first day?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Extreme haiku. I like it! :) The auto-lock/unlock-every-door-except-yours-and-trap-your-passengers-like-sardines system can be disengaged using a secret decoder ring and rain dance. Or you can look in the manual. :) It's in there, I just forgot what pages. Trust me, it's worth digging through there to find it and configure the system the way you want it. I disabled the whole thing and I'm sure it's saved my sanity.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, my Rhetoric teacher in college would be wincing noticeably if she read that piece of prose, but I got on a roll. My sincerest apologies to Ms. Vicki Emmert. You were generous with the B. I'll never forget you.

I digress.

I'm on my third try on the doors. I've read the manual. But only recently learned that it's really a ritual and as such must be followed much like the ancient Tibetan ritual of Yak washing. If you don't, you won't get the results you're after....

Yak.

Thanks for the advice and critique.

I can sleep now.

: )

I hope.

BTW, let me hasten to add, your prose was extremely amusing, despite what my ex-Rhetoric PA might say....

If she'd known what she was doing, I'd be lucky to have gotten a C!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My first drive on the RL on March 9, wound up driving over and 18 inch snow bank! My daughters could not believe I was even contemplating a P-Up truck!! When they rode with me on this one, they came to the realization that Dad had found the perfect and ultimate ride of "his" life. Kudos for my daughters for being smart as me! But from the moment I sat my big a** on the driver seat, sense the quiteness of the engine starting and humming at below freezing, I knew this was the "one". My very first impression was the spaciousness of the cab, I felt that I had to shout at my wife on the passenger seat or reach way over to carress her hand!! From that point on, nothing could stop me from possessing Tex's Ridge!! The love affair continous..........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My first day of driving my Ridgeline was actually before I took delivery, because I did the delivery. I drove it up from CT to my MA dealer as part of a swap. It was during rush hour traffic on I-84. The truck still had the sticker on the window and the white plastic on the body. People were slowing down trying to read the window sticker. It was not a pleasant ride at all, very dangerous.

My favorite times are when I'm working it hard. Like last weekend, towing a 2000 pound trailer, or hauling 1200 pounds of cement and building materials. I like to find the limits of the truck at some point. I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Word up, embo.

To "fix" the auto-locking doors, the only thing to do is to disable the auto-locking completely (I believe around page 81 in the manual).

As I discovered through careful reading and bob79's post, the manual says two different things about the auto-unlocking feature. One page lists the auto-unlock options: unlock all the doors when in Park, unlock all the doors when key is turned off, or never unlock all the doors. Turn the page, and you'll see that the description for the programming of each behavior says "unlocks the driver's door when in Park" etc. Hence the problem -- a mis-print, not a programming error.

You just need to turn off auto locking, or get used to unlocking the doors yourself when you have trapped passengers.

I wish I could contribute to this post otherwise; my "first day" with my Ridge wasn't so glorious, as I drove it home from the dealership late and just stared at it in my driveway and talked about it with my significant other all night. The next day, we drove it all over tarnation, finally loading it up with peg board (and getting the infamous white scratches in the bed). Since then, it has been back to the dealership twice, and still has to go back one more time to fix the airbag light problem. So, I've had many "first days", I guess! :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Flymuck. Now I feel empowered to fix the lock thing. Keep the chins up on the tweaks you're having with the truck. It will all turn out great soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts