Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through the long post of 'Trouble in Paradise'.

I drove today through the first heavy rain since I've had my truck and found the passenger carpet wet. Called the dealer and they have fixed one other with the exact same problem. I am dropping the truck off monday morning and they said I should have it back wednesday. For others who have had this problem and had it fixed, is their any advice or things I should know about, look for, or ask about of my dealer. On the phone they have been very helpful and apologetic. They normally don't do loaners but they are getting one for me. I even said I wanted a van to haul the wee folk around and they said they would have one for me. I am optomistic I can have this problem resolved with minimal headache. I hope.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Good luck. Sounds like your dealer is being very reasonable :)

I thought the main problem with leakage was in the front? Is this something new?

Oops re read your post, I thought it said rear, when it said passenger.

Keep us posted how the repairs go.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I took mine out in the rain for the first time today. heavy rain, huge puddles. I did not take it easy on the truck. I thought I was going to be calling the dealer too!. to my amazement, everything is still dry as a bone. From what I have read here, the dealer will take care of the problem without much problem. so don't worry, good luck.

By the way, when did you buy yours?, where?

L

·
0 Posts
They found mine on the passenger side behind the fender. They said they removed the fender and found a hole that was suppose to be plugged but was missed by the robot. I suggest reading through the "Trouble in Paradise" thread again and maybe selecting those fixes that may be helpful to the dealer, print them out and take them with you and they can go from there. I posted some pictures that may be helpful to show the area they caulked to stop the leaking. So far so good.
Be sure to inspect the carpet. Mine had a mildew smell and I made them replace my carpet. It was not an issue for them to do so.
Good Luck..keep us posted.
LR

·
Registered
492 Posts
Koopaindy said:
I read through the long post of 'Trouble in Paradise'.

I drove today through the first heavy rain since I've had my truck and found the passenger carpet wet. Called the dealer and they have fixed one other with the exact same problem. I am dropping the truck off monday morning and they said I should have it back wednesday. For others who have had this problem and had it fixed, is their any advice or things I should know about, look for, or ask about of my dealer. On the phone they have been very helpful and apologetic. They normally don't do loaners but they are getting one for me. I even said I wanted a van to haul the wee folk around and they said they would have one for me. I am optomistic I can have this problem resolved with minimal headache. I hope.
Thanks for any help.
Are you sure your wife did not go out to the truck with a squirt gun when you were not looking. I am sure she is jealous of your truck and your ROC buddies.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bliss53 said:
Are you sure your wife did not go out to the truck with a squirt gun when you were not looking. I am sure she is jealous of your truck and your ROC buddies.

The could be, but I suspect that the day in question she was working. And I have not introduced the girls to the fun world of squirt guns...yet. Therefore I surmised that it was in fact the rain. Happened again today. Took a trip to NE Aquarium. Girls had fun, I had fun, floor got wet. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda just called and said my truck was fixed. Had to remove passsenger side fender, headlights. They said there were some factory seams/seals that needed to be sealed. Hope that does the trick. Can't wait to get rid of the behemoth Ford Expedition they gave me as a loaner. I only have two tiny tots to haul not the whole neighborhood!

·
Registered
668 Posts
lowrider90 said:
I took mine out in the rain for the first time today. heavy rain, huge puddles. I did not take it easy on the truck. I thought I was going to be calling the dealer too!. to my amazement, everything is still dry as a bone. From what I have read here, the dealer will take care of the problem without much problem. so don't worry, good luck.

By the way, when did you buy yours?, where?
**Update, I had to Drive through a couple of deep puddles, (night befor Ophilia) found water in a small area under the gas peddle, soaking wet. I'll have the dealer look at it when I have to take it in.

Glad to here your is fixed.

L

·
0 Posts
Koopaindy said:
Honda just called and said my truck was fixed. Had to remove passsenger side fender, headlights. They said there were some factory seams/seals that needed to be sealed. Hope that does the trick. Can't wait to get rid of the behemoth Ford Expedition they gave me as a loaner. I only have two tiny tots to haul not the whole neighborhood!
Sounds like that's what they did to mine and so far so good. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my truck back yesterday. They removed the front bumper, passenger headlight and passenger fender liner. They sealed the seams that they confirmed were leaking.

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in southern NH so no testing out their work on the road today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts