Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my Redrock Pearl RTL w/MR early last evening. I've been been watching the progress of the Ridgeline since late last year and placed a deposit and ordered as soon as I could. I've been looking for something new to replace my '97 Mazda B4000 SE since last summer. Then just I was really getting the "itch", along came the Ridgeline. I almost went with the BMW X3, but just couldn't see myself in an SUV. The new F150 was entirely too big. Toy's and Nissan's just didn't thrill me. I sold my '91 CRX Si when I bought the B4000 (new homeowner of an old bungalow at the time - a truck was just simply needed) and vowed to own a Honda again. It was hard to let the CRX go (anyone out there that's ever had time with a CRX Si knows what a blast they were to drive). If Honda had a truck then, I would have bought it. Don't get me wrong, the B4000 has been an amazingly reliable and rock solid vehicle for me since day one.

The Ridge elicits a "wow, wow, wow" from me. Even my best friend, a BMW owner/nut for many years, was very impressed (this is where the X3 consideration came from). I will get other friends and family's impressions this weekend over Easter dinner. I have not had any of the annoyances others have posted - squeaky steering wheel, wind noise, etc. I am pleased with the power and the thing just drives so beautifully.

I had the dealer add the running boards, fogs and clear front mask. I was charged cost plus a 10% discount on installation. Yes, I paid MSRP, but no dealer prep, handling or any of that nonsense. According to a few dealers I've talked to here in the metro area, they do not stay on the lot long and most that are on their way (3 out of 4 or so) are spoken for.

We've been getting rain in Denver off and on for awhile and it looks like that will continue for another couple days. As soon as it dries out a bit, I will take some pics and post them. It really is a beautiful truck, isn't it?

Thanks to all for your insights and comments. It definitely solidified my decision.

'06 RedRock Pearl RTL w/MR
'68 Jaguar XKE
'73 Triumph TR6
'84 Mustang SVO
'97 Mazda B4000SE (to be sold soon!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby Milehigh!

I'm strongly considering a Ridgeline and have driven them quite a bit(test rides around town from the dealers)but am concerned about enough passing power on some of Colorado's passes. The only thing I'll be towing with it is a three rail dirt bike trailer with two bikes max. Can you or anyone else put to rest my concern over this yet?

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biker-
I intend to really test the Ridge out this weekend weather permitting. I have friends that live in Genesee which is a fair grade up I70 beginning from Golden up past the Buffalo Bill exit. This has always been a good highway level uphill grade to see what a vehicle can do. My folks live in Bailey which is a good climb up 285, so that should be another good test. I don't have anything to tow yet, but I can certainly see what it will do with about 500 lbs. in the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts