Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the owners manual is not very clear on when is the first recommended service/check-up? the dealer said to bring it in at 3500 miles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Palo,

I have 4500 on mine with 30% oil life, but I'll take it in around 5000. It just seems easier for me to remember every 5000 miles, easier to compute.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
palo-alto said:
the owners manual is not very clear on when is the first recommended service/check-up? the dealer said to bring it in at 3500 miles.
You might want to read pages 225 thru 235 of the Owners Manual. It is fairly extensive on maintenance items and intervals. I'm going to follow the Oil Life Monitoring system. Under normal use, there is no need to service the vehicle more frequently than recommended by the smart maintenance system.

The following is a quote from Gary Flint chief engineer of the Ridgeline in a recent ROC interview.

ROC: What factors does the Oil Life Monitor use?

Gary Flint: The oil life monitoring system uses a complex series of calculations based on engine revolutions, time, and temperature to calculate service intervals. The associated other service requirements are estimated based on oil change intervals to organize the service requirements for tire rotation, transmission oil changes, etc. Under normal use, there is no need to service the vehicle more frequently than recommended by the smart maintenance system. If you are towing a heavy trailer, the system does not compensate for the transmission or rear differential service interval. You
should consult the maintenance guide supplied with the vehicle and adjust the oil change frequency of the transmission and rear differential accordingly.

P.S. Copmlete interview here: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/flint1.htm

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just took mine in for the first scheduled service. The dashboard reminder came on at 5610 miles for <15% oil life remaining. I've taken three "road trips" of about 1000 miles each and the rest of my driving has been in town. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I took mine in at 10% the 1st time and did the service myself at 10% the second time. After looking at the manual again, it says that it changes from "service due soon" to "service due now" at 5%. I may start waiting until 5% from now on. I'm usually between 6500 and 7000 miles when I get to the 10% point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts