Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

I can thank the trash man for my first scratch in my bumper. I found one can against the back of my truck the other morning. Today I found a rough area where the can was...jerk.

Anyway, the area looks kind of white where the plastic was scraped up-kind a hairy looking-it's more than just the paint off. Does any one know a good way to fix this?? If I put touch up on it it will look like a black hairy patch....oops. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear Maybearidge. We certainly dont want the RL growing hair-lol.These guys just dont appreciate the RL or anyone property. I believe theres a proper procedure for applying touch-up paint ( I got the pen touch-up the other day from Handa). Had 3 milli. dot scrape just appear on my bumper which was easy to fill in. Yours however would probably require smoothing out preferably after touch-up application, with some type of small fine sandpaper buffing action. Maybe someone has additional info. Hope this helps, from an amateur.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks....I may wait-I did see a tiny spot where it looks like the paint may be peeling soon...yes I got black :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have same problem from a rack in my garage as I get out, on my driver side. DuH! I moved the rack now, but also is there a touch up way for minor scrathes on the bed liner material? ( 2007)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
dawgleglefty said:
I have same problem from a rack in my garage as I get out, on my driver side. DuH! I moved the rack now, but also is there a touch up way for minor scrathes on the bed liner material? ( 2007)

Some will probably rub out when you wash. If not, try a black magic marker or black paste shoe polish. Works for me.:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
BluRidge said:
Sorry to hear Maybearidge. We certainly dont want the RL growing hair-lol.These guys just dont appreciate the RL or anyone property. I believe theres a proper procedure for applying touch-up paint ( I got the pen touch-up the other day from Handa). Had 3 milli. dot scrape just appear on my bumper which was easy to fill in. Yours however would probably require smoothing out preferably after touch-up application, with some type of small fine sandpaper buffing action. Maybe someone has additional info. Hope this helps, from an amateur.
Is the pen still available? I looked through H and A and only found the Bed pen. Did I miss it?

·
Registered
888 Posts
dawgleglefty said:
There is a touch-up kit for the bed available from the H and A website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts