Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I hope the camouflage is covering part of the rear door glass. Also it does not appear that the back glass slides. Maybe it drops?

NVM. It was discussed on the "2017" thread. I have nothing to add.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice pictures. The Ridge is definitely going to have a Pilot'ish front end which I don't think is a bad thing. I think the efficiency will be a big item as well as interior room compared to the competition. I'm guessing mileage figures will be similar to the Pilot at 26 hwy/ 18 city/ 21 combined.

Chevy Colorado Crew 4x4 24/17/21
Toyota Tacoma Crew 4x4 23/18/xx

Of course the above is with the largest gas motor available. The Ridge would compare pretty well. I'm guessing interior room will be larger as well than the competition.

The plastic around the rear window seems a little odd? So much for a standard topper being able to fit. I hope the whole window can drop down or has an option for a slider. It also looks like there may be a panoramic sunroof available?

From the pictures it really makes me wonder if the ground clearance will actually be lower? If Subaru can get 8.7, I hope we can at least get there. And please make the front air dam easy to remove if needed. Not like the 40 connections on the Colorado.

A twin turbo version would be nice :act024::act035:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't see that window sliding down guys, look at that divot in the fwd portion of the box... how is the window gonna clear that? Also, to dispel myths, the tail gate is exactly the same.

Maybe that back window tilts in? There goes me hauling 16 foot long 2x6's lol j/k

·
Registered
971 Posts
I don't see that window sliding down guys, look at that divot in the fwd portion of the box... how is the window gonna clear that? Also, to dispel myths, the tail gate is exactly the same.

Maybe that back window tilts in? There goes me hauling 16 foot long 2x6's lol j/k
Only speculation but I'm almost certain what we are looking at is just a mirror like removable sticker tape that is simply hiding a split window like the last one.

I would agree that if they do nothing and leave it just glass that would be another mark against it. I doubt that happens. We may get arm rest, but I doubt a plain old tilted window. Also the angle is probably for MPG as is the extreme sloping hood and low spoiler. There is quite a forward rake going on here and these are all signs that MPG is a huge goal for Honda. It may also indicate although perhaps not useless in off road it takes a real back seat this time around as the main objectives are elsewhere. Good or bad it doesn't matter its a preference. It will matter for Honda if the market dictates it wants more though.

Lastly those drivers are sitting awfully low in the seats. Please tell me they both can be adjusted to sit higher? The last Ridge had a great drivers side adjustable seat. I do not wish to sit low like a sports car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im kinda iffy on it but it would be nice to have a bed rail tool box and the trunk for storage. Im sure ill laugh when I read the dealers price tag so ill just wait until someone on ROC forum will buy one so we can all look at.. :act024:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I don't like it. Probably a good looking front end and interior and blah rest of the truck.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I don't like it. Probably a good looking front end and interior and blah rest of the truck.
Well it's not like we haven't waited- what?... 6 years now for this?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
...the rear suspension control arms seem to be about 6-7 inches above the ground...
Yes, they do look quite low. There is a compensation effect when your minimum ground clearance point is closer to the wheel rather than the center line of the vehicle. However, in this case, those long control arms are perpendicular to the direction of travel and will become problematic in several situations: gravel or dirt roads with deep ruts you can't avoid, heavy unplowed snow or snow berms to catch those control arms, and general off-road travel on uneven terrain. Some here object to the characterization, but Honda may indeed be delivering a "street truck" or "city pickup" with the next gen RL.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks like the El Camino market might heat up.

Is the new RL meant to beat the rest to the punch? ;-)

I like my first gen!

·
Registered
933 Posts
The truck looks very Nissan Frontier like to me. It looks smaller and hopefully the rear window will open, as current models do, in the final version. There are a lot of body styling features that you can see under the wrap, possibly some ground effects. The flat back into the bed lacks style and the back doors make it look like the back seat area shrunk. I guess we'll see what it looks like soon enough, but I am bit perplexed if this will be an overall improvement or a restyle to drop weight to get better mpgs. However, we may be surprised.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
The flat rails seem 'ordinary' but then an nice cap/tonneau is probably already on some aftermarket mfg's drawing board.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
The flat rails seem 'ordinary' but then a nice cap/tonneau is probably already on some aftermarket mfg's drawing board.
Tonneau, yes, but maybe not a cap/canopy. Several aftermarket makers quit making the shells for the RL due to low sales. If the G2 RL has some cab-to-bed quirks as has been hinted, there could be some significant challenges to designing a well-fitting canopy for it. The truck needs to sell well and generate enough owners wanting canopies to create an aftermarket demand.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had heard months ago that Honda was going to reveal the actual truck at the L.A. auto show.. well, now the show's on and it hasn't happened and no idea when it will be unveiled. :(:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Joe has said for awhile Detroit Auto Show January 2016. This is about 8 weeks from now. Other's have said Different shows but don't know why.Detroit is the main show for Ridgeline debut.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts