Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to pick up my boat from the marina today. the boat weighs in at 3100 pounds and the trailer 700? around 4000 pounds.

I am comparing this experience with my 2000 Exterra 170 hp. rated for 5000 pounds towing.

First off, the ridgeline was 100% better than the exterra. from a dead stop the ridgeline took off, great pickup. up hills labored a bit, but I'm satisfied. The exterra used all it's might and could not pick up speed, the ridgeline had no problem speeding up hills.

cruising was effortless, at cruising speed, I would forget the trailer was there. I would be reminded only if I hit a bump or on a sharp turn. a little bit of sherking and jerking (I mean just a little) enough to let you know the trailer was there.

braking wasn't a problem because The trailer has brake assist.

The ridgeline really did hold the road, it felt solid.

Most importantly, the ridgeline pulled the up the ramp at dead low ( very steep, and slimy on rear wheel, the entire ramp was showing and the trailer wheels were beyond the edge of the ramp. VSA off, 1st gear, VTM-4 locked. the ridge pulled it up the 40 foot incline llike it was on flat ground! very impressed there . It's a good thing too because this is one of "the reason I bought my ridgeline"

Hope you enjoy the pics, my dog is resting after training, hunting season opened this week.

L

·
0 Posts
Great testimonial lowrider. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
The pooped puppy is adorable. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thanks Lowrider90, Very nice! This kind of info helps and is very re-assuring for those of us that do not tow (yet) regularily. Oh, and nice boat, and nice dog, oh and nice truck too!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Awesome photos lowrider90. We “City Slickers” rarely get to see the beautiful country side unless we drive to it. Good to hear other RL success story. Gorgeous rig and pooch too! :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Thanks for the info and the pictures, one thing I am curious about, what type of brake assist did you have?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I love the doggie pic. The rest are good too. Nice report.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for posting this report.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
captmiddy said:
Thanks for the info and the pictures, one thing I am curious about, what type of brake assist did you have?

Hydrolic brake assist. the nose of the trailer has a piston which compresses as the boat is forced toward the truck upon braking. Works great I don't feel the weight of the trailer at all. stops as though it wasn't there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts