Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a half a decade fro the first 21st century Pickup truck to arrive. Now when I had owned my silver machine for a few weeks, I had no doubt that I had made the best choice possible.

Last weekend, I had a chance to test it off-road. No haven’t done do any major rock climbing in it. I went to the Cactus Organ Pipe national park and took 21-mile drive on the gravy road filled with puddles left by monsoon rains, and I got my truck dirty for the first time. Driving in this environment was a pure pleasure. This is as tough 'off-roading' I'm planning to do in this truck, if I want something more extreme I will buy 5-year-old Rubicon, not a $30 000 truck.

Going trough the puddles, seeing muddy water splash all the way to the windshield, seeing the cloud of dust in the rear view mirror, John Thorgood on the CD and beutiful landscape of Arizon, I'm telling you, we both had a lot of fun, and my buddy I guess to show his appreciation for this trip, had rewarded me with the best MPG yet, 20 - 340 miles on 17.3 gallons - including our offroading adventure.

I recently read a review in Consumer Digest, which makes this truck a Recommended buy. The only grieve they had with this truck was 'pronounced road noise' well, if this is the downside everyone should buy it, because this 'pronounced noise' is 66dB at 70 miles per hour.

Anyway, I don't care what CD says it has my two thumbs up.

Yes, I'm still smilling it was this good :D :D :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
ridgepol said:
It took a half a decade fro the first 21st century Pickup truck to arrive. Now when I had owned my silver machine for a few weeks, I had no doubt that I had made the best choice possible.

Last weekend, I had a chance to test it off-road. No haven’t done do any major rock climbing in it. I went to the Cactus Organ Pipe national park and took 21-mile drive on the gravy road filled with puddles left by monsoon rains, and I got my truck dirty for the first time. Driving in this environment was a pure pleasure. This is as tough 'off-roading' I'm planning to do in this truck, if I want something more extreme I will buy 5-year-old Rubicon, not a $30 000 truck.

Going trough the puddles, seeing muddy water splash all the way to the windshield, seeing the cloud of dust in the rear view mirror, John Thorgood on the CD and beutiful landscape of Arizon, I'm telling you, we both had a lot of fun, and my buddy I guess to show his appreciation for this trip, had rewarded me with the best MPG yet, 20 - 340 miles on 17.3 gallons - including our offroading adventure.

I recently read a review in Consumer Digest, which makes this truck a Recommended buy. The only grieve they had with this truck was 'pronounced road noise' well, if this is the downside everyone should buy it, because this 'pronounced noise' is 66dB at 70 miles per hour.

Anyway, I don't care what CD says it has my two thumbs up.

Yes, I'm still smilling it was this good :D :D :D
nice post, would love to see some pics. I know you took some picks of your dirty truck. :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time getting dirty! I haven't done any off road driving yet but am getting an itch to do so! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts