Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got to the weekend, so I could drive my new Ridgeline. Saturday, I took a ride up to the painted desert vista in Sunset Crater national park, The road in the park is a nice winding road with some hills, the ride was excellent, coming back I had my longest highway ride, about 30 - 40 miles, and it was sweet. Sunday I needed to pick up my brother at the airport, thats about 160 miles each way. The road is 75 MPH, with some huge hills, and 5000' of elevation change betwen the two ends of the trip. The last time I done this trip was only a week ago, in my Blazer, so the comparison was very fresh, there was no comparison, the Ridgeline was the by far the best ride I have had in 10 years of making this trip.
The RL hold the road firmly, the power is more than enough, even if I got stuck behind a tractor trailer going up the hills, at 30MPH, was I was clear getting back up to speed was no problem. I actually enjoyed the drive into the valley and back non-stop.
In fact I look forward to doing it again on Wednesday.

Gas mileage seems to be pretty good, and I had teh AC for much of the trip as it was 95 out side. I will wait till next week to calculate my milage up to that point, right now I only have just over 500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
Sunday I needed to pick up my brother at the airport, thats about 160 miles each way. The road is 75 MPH, with some huge hills, and 5000' of elevation change betwen the two ends of the trip...In fact I look forward to doing it again on Wednesday.
This RL makes tedious tasks seem fun. What an incredible machine. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts