Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to the forum but I have been enjoying the opportunity to search out topics that relate to some of the issues I have encountered, thanks for being there for me. This my first Ridgeline and pickup and my 3rd Honda. I also considered the GMC/Colorado twins but I'm glad I went with the Honda. The in-bed trunk has been a big asset and have already used it on a couple of trips for luggage which would have taken up space in the cab of other pickups . My reason for selecting the Ridgeline are many with one being I wanted a quality vehicle in terms of fit, finish and freedom from initial minor problems. Well...I am a bit disillusioned at the some of the fit on body panels. I was told by the zone rep that these vehicles are made by machines and it should be expected! After I lifted my lower jaw back I told him I would believe the opposite would be true. The left side of my truck is perfect, everything lines up and gaps are even. The right side fender to hood is much closer and tighter at the front, the right side of the hood at the A pillar is about a 1/8th" above the fender. The right rear door trailing edge is in an 1/8th " from the body panel, working our way back the leading edge of the right 1/4 panel has a bulge and sticks out from the body. Finally the tailgate is lower on the right side so the accent line does not match up with the line above the tail light. Mechanically there are less issues, the truck is solid, quiet and enjoyable to drive. Aside from having the tires balanced 2x, a slight off center feel and pull to the left, a low pitched rumble at 65 and over and a bit of a tappet noise until the engine warms all seem OK. Anyone else out there with similar issues and/or am I being too picky even though all is well on the left side? I've looked at every truck in the dealer lot a couple have the tailgate issue and most seem to have a different gap on the right side hood. I did find a fix on YouTube for the 1/4 panel
the zone rep wouldn't authorize a repair on this or the other issues. Thanks for any responses in advance. By the way I was service advisor, service manage and district service rep in a former life so I have been on the other side of the counter!

·
Super Moderator
4,775 Posts
Not to sound like a broken record, but that is why it is so crucial to inspect every square inch of the vehicle BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. When I purchased my 2017 RTL-T, I did not expect there to be issues with body panel alignment, so I did not check as closely as I should have. I was "blinded" by the new vehicle syndrome. My G2 had an improperly aligned drivers side door. The Honda service department did the best they could, by attempting to tweak it to achieve proper alignment. It is much closer now, but the misalignment still bugs me.

I am surprised this problem still exists on a model that has been around for over 3 years.

My suggestion, if you get no satisfaction from Honda, is to take it to a reputable Honda certified body shop, and let them take a go at getting the alignment issues corrected. It will cost you some money, but in the end it will be well worth it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That sucks, I'd also pay to fix, better than having the paint chip away or catching it on something. I'm curious what your build date is?

I looked at a 4/19 e, all the metal all appeared to line up perfectly, but there were a bunch of plastic issues. Plastic trim piece below bed seam would not stay clipped in, the trunk lid rubbed weird, the plug door (I know it's tight on all) was impossible to open without jamming a tool in there and prying it. I also heard what sounded like a suspension clunk on the test drive, I passed on it.

I ended up getting a 9/19 rtl, and I didn't catch anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TJ
Mine was a 4/19 build that I bought on September 9th. I guess it may be the luck of the draw, the left side is perfect. On the plus side the body has no creaks, clunks, rattles or wind noise so when I'm inside it's all good. Like you said, I may pay for a a body shop to adjust a couple of panels even though it shouldn't be the way it works! Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts