Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RTL - Sonic Gray Pearl
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I have a 22 RTL, just a few weeks old. My first new car, my first Honda (I've only had Fords my entire life). I was wondering if you could take a look at a few things in my interior and let me know if this is normal or not.

Item #1: The plastic "kick panel" below the glove box was floppy. I seem to have corrected it now, but there still seems to be excessive play on it. It moves about 1/2" when I push on it. Is this normal?

Item #2: There is a flap on the interior carpet under the drivers seat that is sticking up. I pushed it back down but it won't stay. Is this normal?
Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
'17 RTL-E Rear-door mod, LED fogs, stock bed cover, LED back up lights.
189 Posts
I have a 2017, and the same 2 issues...nothing new, they all have it, that I have seen.

Reactions: Hleau

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,646 Posts
Make certain the "floppy" piece under the dash has the cloth covers on the two posts that go into the firewall. My 2017 was missing those and it made the cover extremely loose.

·
Administrator
23,795 Posts
Item #1: The plastic "kick panel" below the glove box was floppy. I seem to have corrected it now, but there still seems to be excessive play on it. It moves about 1/2" when I push on it. Is this normal?
Yes.

Item #2: There is a flap on the interior carpet under the drivers seat that is sticking up. I pushed it back down but it won't stay. Is this normal?
Yes.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,646 Posts
The driver’s side front seat is already wrinkling on the bolster after not even two months. My 2021and 2017 did not have this problem so early on. Cheaper quality materials on the upholstery?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make certain the "floppy" piece under the dash has the cloth covers on the two posts that go into the firewall. My 2017 was missing those and it made the cover extremely loose.
I checked and these cloth covers are on. I understand how it is made now and thing it will be okay. A little floppy but shouldn't be a big deal. Thanks for confirming this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The driver’s side front seat is already wrinkling on the bolster after not even two months. My 2021and 2017 did not have this problem so early on. Cheaper quality materials on the upholstery?
Time will tell I guess. I only weigh 140 lbs and drive less than 10,000 mi/ year so wear on seats usually isn't as bad for me. The leather, if it really is leather, seems to be of better quality than the fake leather in my 2014 Ford Escape. The Escape seats have been very durable, but the touch and feel is not nearly as good as the Ridgeline. Fortunately if I do have an issue there are several quality upholstery shops in my area that are very reasonable.

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Radiant Red - LED update in work
10 Posts
On my 2022 RTL-E, noticed several places on interior plastic, door storage, etc. where the mold flashing leaves a sharp edge. They trimmed some, but not as well as expected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts