Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my RL yesterday and noticed that the headlight reflector (the shiny dome that is in front of the halogen bulb). I noticed that the passenger's side was bent at least 30 degrees towards the front grill! Way off--I couldn't believe that I didn't notice it before. The driver's side is straight.

At first, I tried to convince myself that this was done on purpose to redirect the beam away from oncoming traffic. I still felt that it was WAY to crooked to be intentional, so I headed to my local Honda dealer. I looked at three different RLs and two had straight reflectors and one was a little bent, so I hit the service manager up for a replacement. They said, "No problem" and place the order.

When I got home, I couldn't help myself from tinkering with the reflector. Basically, I took out the bulb and used a long-nosed pliers with the tips wrapped with masking tape (to prevent scratching the chrome) and I EASILY straightened the reflector back straight. I couldn't believe how easy it was to move that thing! I mean, it was really pliable aluminum-type metal. Anyway, to make long story short, it's fixed and I canceled the order.

Check your reflector--I'm curious if anybody else has this problem.

Aloha,
Keoni

PS. I noticed today that the black RLs have a different headlight--the trim is black, not dark chrome like mine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts