Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I finally had it with the tweeter cover noise, so I pulled them apart. I found out that the noise is not only form the tweeter cover, but the A-pillar trim as well. After pulling off the tweeter covers (they just pop right out), and the pillar trim, you can see where the base of the pillar trim contacts the dashboard. The pillar trim has tabs that sit in a slot on the dash, so I installed some self-stick rubber weatherstrip. Also, the surface of the pillar trim's base rubs against the dash as well. You'll see wear marks on them. I used the same remedy, but the thinnest weatherstrip you can find. As for the tweeter covers, clean them up, and use some 3M automotive double-side tape (grey) to re-install them. They'll never move again.....and quiet as a mouse............PS - The pillar trim is a little tricky to remove. The pass. side has screws under the grab handle trim covers, take them out, and the trim pops off. The drivers' side, however, is different. The pillar has a small "badge" that says "side airbag". Use a small pick or screwdriver, and the whole "badge" pops out to release the pillar. Take caution to not scratch the trim.........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Rtp, great info I was taking mine to service because I thought a speaker was blown, I will pick up some tape and do it tonight. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had mine in for work and asked them to look at my speaker. They claim it was blown and ordered a new one. I wonder if they actually looked at after reading this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mitek said:
Hi,
What did you use to pop the tweeter covers?
I used a KTC trim tool kit. (Search the boards for more info). Or you can use a small flathead screwdriver, but wrap a piece of duct tape on the end to avoid scratching. The covers pop off very easily.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
rtpjunior, Great tip! and its really simple too. Thanks.:) :p :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice information, maybe I will consider looking at this for my Civic which suffers from the same type of noise problem. If I can fix it there then maybe I will tackle the Ridgeline if it does the same. Figure pick on the 3 year old car before I tackle the 6 month old one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
my dealer fixed mine under the warranty. I thought that was more safe in case I mucked something up trying to do it myself. This way, it's THEIR responsibility.

Congrats on fixing your's though. It's an amazing annoyance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts