Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Will you be attending?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great heads up, and plenty of time to plan in advance....

Great idea, wonder how many ppl can make it..

I would be looking at taking the East 101 Up and around to the I-17 n up to Flag maybe detour through Sedona, for a bite to eat, gas etc ??..

Southbound, maybe 209 S, to 87 Near Clints Well through to payson n down to E valley

just thoughts,, Thanks for posting a get together, would be kewl to see a bunch of RL's

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Whoot... one more that makes two LOL

I have never been the S.Route from Flagstaff. I was hoping to hit Sedona. I should be there on Saturday afternoon for a stay till Sunday evening(poss Monday) I am checking out a few hotels, Holiday Inn Express and Hotel Aspen. Aspen has BBQs and a great happy hr, it has a full breakfast too. Holiday Inn has a great breakfast too but that's all, plus its a bit more $$

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I decided to book. Roadway Inn on E.Butler. Seemed like a middle of the road spot. EZ on and off the fwy too.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
We are interested in attending. We attended ROC meets in Sedona half a dozen times and always loved it.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be there saturday around noon. Leaving monday at hotel check out time. I had liked Hotel Aspen and stayed there before but the reviews dropped a lot. Rodeway Inn looked like it has an outside area great for gathering and rooms have sliders to the outside.

The drive looks ok. Since the RL is my daily driver I need to take her ez. I have never been to Sedona, for me a stop in there is a must this trip.

We can meet at NiMarcos Pizza on Sat for lunch and go over the weekend agenda. They have great pizza. Ive been to the Westside one.

www.nimarcospizza.com

http://m.rodewayinn.com/hotel-flagstaff-arizona-AZ259

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I think Caryn and I might be able to make it, but I'll have to check our schedule before we confirm.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Any possible interest in a little adventure along this 'off-road' road?? (Schnebly Road)
Check this write-up for more info:
http://www.desertusa.com/desert-activity/explore-sedona.html

... you can see where it's located in the middle of this scenic route triangle, west to east between Sedona & I-17. (The red dots are the scenic route..... Schnebly Road goes between them)

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coconino/recarea/?recid=74380
We drove Schnebly Road at a Sedona ROC meet around 2007-2008. We just missed Honda doing a Ridgeline photo shoot that took place there a few days earlier. They photo-shopped a Ridgeline sitting on an outlook towards the top. We all stood in the exact same spot and there's no way a Ridgeline was driven there. The photo appeared on the cover of the Ridgeline brochure a short time later. I would make the drive again. It wasn't very rough.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
It has been a long time since I have been to a ROC Meet or Sedona AZ. I never got tired of traveling to Sedona like Twintym. Unfortunately, I am having a demo project going on my home during that weekend. Maybe next time. Have fun as usual ROC HEADS!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gail and I might come up from the Tucson area and join all in Sedona. Probably come up the back way through Florence, Apache Junction and Mesa to 101 Loop East. This was the primary one before I10 was built.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:act035: Aspen Inn Suites is our normal stay,,, its been getting a lil run down, but we always get the prez suite with in room jacuzzi, kids love it..

Will be out of town next weekend n finalize my plans for the flag run,,,, !!!:act024::act024:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the Aspen too but the reviews scared me a bit this time. I like having full breakfast and happy hr. My last stay I found a very large spider in my room, panic set in and I stuffed towels under the doors. Yup I am scared of spiders. If a few people book there I will change my reservation. I don't think that they charge if I cancel.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Dan, I wouldn't go down Schnebly Hill Road now.....It's gotten pretty nasty since then. USFS is contracting to have it graded, but to my knowledge it hasn't happened. I won't take my truck down it!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Gail and I might come up from the Tucson area and join all in Sedona. Probably come up the back way through Florence, Apache Junction and Mesa to 101 Loop East. This was the primary one before I10 was built.
Call or text me if you are going.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts