Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a harbor freight flash light hanging off a vent when I was troubleshooting a headunit issue and it ended up falling down the driver side center vent (circled below):

I almost got it out with my hand, but then it ended up getting pushed down further.. any one know if there's an access point between the heater unit/core?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,629 Posts
That's a great idea about the magnetic "stick." I have one and it works good. I also use a flashlight that extends out and has a strong magnet on the end of it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You can find those borescope/endoscope cameras everywhere. You can attache a hook or magnet setup to the camera end. That way you can see what you're trying to catch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the magnetic pickup tool didn't seem to work.. any ideas on removing the vent/ducts? can't seem to find anything in the FSM

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,629 Posts
Did you ever gain access to the flashlight, @chiefwigms? What method worked the best for retrieving it?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
149 Posts
Sorry - just saw this - nope - its still down there.
I watched a video pulling the blower motor from a Pilot, and it didn’t seem TOO hard. That might give you access to the center vents.

Might be different on the RL, but haven’t taken a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts