Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can confirm the sensors in the wheels work great just had to replace a Right Rear after only 5k miles as I had a box cutter blade cut a 4inch hole in the tire, went to the nearest Tire Kindom in Pompano Beach and they said that they only showed one of they stores in South Florida had 1 in stock seems that that size is not in great demand so after driving 20miles further and $195 later I have the tire replaced, had to have it done as we are driveing to meet friends that just arrived from Holland in Orlando this Friday.

Need less to say I am now looking to replace the supplied spare with a Full Size version.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It happens even though its unfortunate. Did you try Rick Case Honda in Davie? Im sure they would have had one. I keep looking on EBAY for spare wheels to get a F/S spare too, we will be taking ours on trips and just for peace of mind its worth having one. Did you run over the blade or was it vandalized?

Glad your back up and Ridging !! :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I frequently cruise EBay for a full sized spare as well. It would be nice to have that reassurance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw somewhere online where a Honda Dealer sells take off alloy wheels, the same ones as on the RTS and RTL for a reduced price. All you would need then is the tire which could be purchased through the tire rack for a great price. www.tirerack.com :)

If I come across this dealer I'll let you know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Tire warning does not show the any figures the symbol comes on in lower left of the display then a few seconds after the Truck Icon changed colour and then a small block showed at the Right Rear corner to Indicate which tire was low.

·
Registered
311 Posts
dellorourke said:
I saw somewhere online where a Honda Dealer sells take off alloy wheels, the same ones as on the RTS and RTL for a reduced price. All you would need then is the tire which could be purchased through the tire rack for a great price. www.tirerack.com :)

If I come across this dealer I'll let you know.
H and A Accessories sells "Take-off wheels":

http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline.html

Note: Unfortunately, there's no html marker for the product. Just scroll down until you see it.

Here's the text blurb from the site: Note: These wheels are not new.
They are wheels that were removed from Ridgelines when the vehicle was put on the lot (they replaced them with aftermarket wheels).
They are the stock wheels, just the bare wheel and center cap.
They will have blemishes on them, marks from where the tire was removed, skuffs around the lip and small scratches are all possible. They are sold as-is.

Hope this helps. Just a personal note - I ordered a cargo net and five oil filters (and washers) from them just last week. They are legit as legit comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts