Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I know this forum can be overwhelming with issues, and if all is well we tend to be silent . . .

Got my 2019 RTL AWD on 11/11/2019, I now have 3,000 miles on it.

I noticed that the headliner to sunroof gap was different on one side vs the other. I pushed up on the headliner and it clicked in place. Gaps are perfect now, must not have had all headliner clips in tight from the factory. That is literally the only "flaw" so far, if you can call it a flaw, and I really don't . . . Since it was solved completely by just pushing on it.

Zero regrets on the purchase. Love the truck, and I even like the radio (thought that would be an early swap).

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, the RTL radio isn't all that bad unless you ride in one that one of the sales people or test drivers has played with the level controls. My first test drive gave me the impression the radio was garbage and I'd need to swap it out right away, but after having one it's really not bad.

The only thing I really miss is phone control by voice. They should have dropped the voice tag feature and just passed that through to the phone. Oh well, it's not that bad so I'll probably just live with it. I really hated my last kenwood because it annoyed me with the stupidity disclaimer that wouldn't go away unless you dismissed it. I don't want to buy another aftermarket radio that has one of those you can't turn off permanently. I think mine was more of a danger than it was supposedly preventing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Agree regarding the radio.
I have a 2019 RTL and made a couple minor tweaks to the adjustments to suit me.

AM talk radio sounds a little thin, but FM radio and music files sound good to me.

As a drummer, I like bottom end and the system has that to spare.

I've mostly driven in ECON mode. Only on my 3rd tank of gas. I turned off the ECON mode recently and I was really taken aback at the response. Mucho bueno in my opinion.

I'm super happy with my Ridgeline so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this might be my first post! I am also at nearly 3k miles on my (also) 2019 RTL AWD, (also) purchased in November 2019. Really happy with the truck so far. Not a single issue other than the tire pressures were a little screwed up from the dealer (and fixed by me the day I brought it home). This isn’t my first Honda, or my first truck; it’s certainly my first Honda truck though, and so far so good.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bought my Black Edition in October, got 7200 on it now. Initially only issue has been a loose weather seal inside where the door pivots at the body, causing a noise on open/close.

Taking it in tomorrow though because there's a very noticeable very annoying rattle in rear slider window where pretty much most bumps cause it. Goes away immediately when opening window, comes back immediately upon close.

Also a rattle from behind stereo. They might not be able to dupe that, I might fix myself with my pry tools.

Other than that that it's been great, have hauled stuff several times and towed once without any issues. Took some getting used to bed scratches but it's a damn truck!

·
Registered
2019 RTL
11 Posts
I am very contented with my 2019 RTL bought 11-12-19. I have 2,700 miles accumulated on the odometer. Changed low beams, high beam and fog lights to leds as well as license plate lights. Added north mountain tonneau cover and Truxxx leveling kit. Everything is good so far. I don't drive it daily but simply satisfied with the ownership.

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
I concour. I have 33,000 on mine now and nothing broken so far. Original tires still going for at least this year till the fall when the buy 3 get one deals come out. I have done all my own scheduled maint so far. Not a difficult truck to work on either. No jacks needed to get underneath.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts