Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my RTL and one of the things I was looking to do was a flip key as I liked the idea.
Well I asked around and finally decided to invest and take the risk! It works for 09 - and I am thinking should work on 2010 too!
I made my order through midwest Keyless Inc - speak with Janet - great service and everything arrived on time.

I am looking to fix a problem with the fob - not locking/unlocking but I am thinking if the immobilizer works the lock/unlock is the easy part.

Cost me $52 + tax to cut and program here in Canada. If anyone needs help pm me.
The FCCID I had was 35111-SEP-306 and I used FCC ID: OUCG8D-439H-A and it works.
I will keep you posted on the lock / unlock issue

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Re: Flip key for Ridgeline - Warning!

Hi Guys,
I wanted the Flipkey for my 2011 RTS. I purchased two from carkeysolution on ebay with the intention of switching out the electronics from the keys that came with the truck. My Locksmith made seven different cut before getting the key to fit all the ways in the drivers door. I didn't try the ignition swith until I got home and switched out the electronics. The flip key wouldn't start the truck and I couldn't remove it from the ignition. The alarm went off (10pm) and I had to disconnect the battery. I had to disassemble the flip key to remove it from the ignition. (It seemed like it was too short to push all the way in to turn it counterclockwise and remove it). The Locksmith said the flip key blade was a few thousands of an inch off and that was enough. I dont know if this problem was caused by my locksmith or by the dimensions of the flip key blade? Next time I will try the dealer first. Here is a link from ebay in case anyone is considering this product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310322986790

1 - 2 of 2 Posts