Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else finds that they aren't getting a lot of heat on their feet., I find that my feet are cold most of the time in my Ridge.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nah, for me iit takes 5 minutes or so to warm up but it definitely heats up the floor. What's weird is that heat will still come out of the air vents on the driver and passenger sides (not the vents in the middle) when the heat is set to Floor. Not a big deal but I normally don't like to be blasted with hot air on my face but do like the floor heating.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Nah, for me iit takes 5 minutes or so to warm up but it definitely heats up the floor. What's weird is that heat will still come out of the air vents on the driver and passenger sides (not the vents in the middle) when the heat is set to Floor. Not a big deal but I normally don't like to be blasted with hot air on my face but do like the floor heating.
Yup, that is the way it is, the side vents blow when on floor..i would have preferred only floor for more air..you can close the side vents though and try that

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just curious if anyone else finds that they aren't getting a lot of heat on their feet., I find that my feet are cold most of the time in my Ridge.
I notice the same thing when it's this cold.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just put my RTL Heat/AC on Auto and leave it there. Works perfectly every time.
This doesn't work in an LX or RT.:act002:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
This doesn't work in an LX or RT.:act002:
Yeah, not a very good vehicle for heat at floor level. In my RTL, I use the auto mode with the little down arrow in the window and that is about the best I've found after driving it 180,000 miles. It is what it is......

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yup, that is the way it is, the side vents blow when on floor..i would have preferred only floor for more air.

That is annoying...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im a smoker so I really notice it when I crack the window, all the heat seems to get sucked away from the floor. When i had my Tacoma my feet would roast on the drivers side and the passenger would complain of not enough heat, I guess that maybe because there is alot of space in the Ridge, meaning there isnt a transmission hump to isolate each side.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Weird, I would say my feet pretty much stay toasty most of the time. I know the back floor seems to get warmer than the front on mine. At least the wife is always telling me to turn off the floor heat when she is in back with the son.

-Terracar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad to see somone else noticed this! Yesterday driving into work It was -7 out, but I had the fan on high all the way during my 30 minute commute and my feet never got warm. I put it in cabine reserculation mode, shut the right dash vent off, and made sure ac was showing off and it was better today. But it was warmer at 11 degrees instead of -7. This is my first winter with the truck so it is quite disipointing to me! I hate having cold feet! I think it will be ok at normal winter temps though? Stiil love the ridgeline even though it has this one weakness!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I notice that the floor heat is functioning, just not very effective. (-15° F) the side vents seem to blow in all conditions. I think that you are suposed to use the dial at the vent to throttle them. Don't know why they did it like that.

M

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed the same thing. Only had the truck for a few days now but it's not even cold in Winnipeg right now and this truck has terrible floor heat. I assumed the cabin filter needed changing but now I'm wondering if it's a design flaw. I'll try experimenting with closing the side vents and see how that goes...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I suppose there are some variables. Like what is the temp outside? and what is your circulation in the lower extremities and nerve sensitivity?

I am a diabetic with reduced circulatory capacity in the lower legs. I have noticed what seems to be a serious lack of heat on the floor. And we are talking about low temps of only +25 to 30F in N. Florida. So I think some of this is perception and personal capacity to withstand the cold. My wife who is a woman of a certain age that has hot flashes says the floor heat is too much and demands I shut it off. YMMV:act024:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife loves it. She says it's the first car we ever had that the heater kept her from feeling cold coming from the car door/window. She used to ride with a winter coat with hood up most of the time. Doesn't do that in the Ridge.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same problem here. My Ridgeline never seems to get very warm in winter. I have come to the conclusion that it is normal for this truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was getting cold feet all the time and one day I put my hand down in the footwell to see if any heat was blowing. I found that the heat doesn't blow on the feet, it blows higher up like mid-calf.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts