Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2018 Ridgeline last month. Love it. The dealership offers all-weather floor mats for $169. If I buy the cargo mats (back seat strip) it's another $45. The dealership is offering me 20% off parts. That brings my total to $171. for driver, front-passenger and back seats.

Weathertech offers their equivalent set for $249 (before shipping). I was curious what Weathertech would do for me so I wrote to them, but they were unwilling to match the dealership price or give any discount whatsoever.

Is the quality of the Honda factory all-weather floor mats as good as Weathertech? Is Weathertech better?

Seems like Weathertech would have to be a LOT better for the extra $78.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since I have the scarlet pearl with beige interior I went with the WeaterhTech for the color match. A buddy of mine has the blue with light gray and went with the Honda mats, looks good with the darker carpet. So really it comes down to what color interior you have and if you want it to match the seats or the carpet. Either way, great investment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I have as well, the Scarlet Red with beige interior. What color did you order from WeatherTech? Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think the Honda OEM mats are about $99 on Amazon for front & back. Weathertech about $155. Reports are that the Weathertech cover more space, as someone mentioned above, and from photos that looks to be correct. whatever you get should be custom fit so you can attach them to the hooks. As to quality, my G1 Ridgeline OEM all-weather mats were still ok after 11 years, don't know if the new ones are as good. Too bad Honda went cheapo and gave us the lousy carpet mats instead of the all-weather mats to start with.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought the Honda OEM front and back and didn't like the lack of coverage of the front all-weather mats so I ordered the MAXFLOORMAT from Maxliner - just as good quality as the Weathertechs and less expensive. I think the Weathertechs are getting pricey.....I have Husky's in a 2007 Toyota 4Runner and love those liners as well.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
For you folks who have had different brands, how is the traction on these? For example, my wife likes to push herself back in the seat by pushing her feet against the floor mat. A hard slick plastic would be a no-go for her, whereas a 'sticky' rubber mat might be a lot better, in spite of coverage.

Seems I heard the Honda mats were more rubbery, and the WeatherTechs were more plasticity? Don't know about the Huskys....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great question. I'll be very interested in the responses. I personally would rather have it be snug and feel like it doesn't shift around if I put pressure on the mat.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I almost bought the Honda brand ones last year.
Read about them on these forums. Glad I didn't.

I almost bought the weathertech. Lot of positive, but there were some things said that had me going a different direction.
I bought the Max-Liners. Got a great deal on ebay (some companies have their own website but also sell on ebay, max-liner is one of those) by getting 10% ebay bucks with the purchase. I have also found some companies ship much sooner when using ebay to purchase.

Later, a member had a thread on a Canadian company (I forget the name) that made some really nice liners for the G2. If I hadn't already had the max-liners, and liked them, I would have gone for these. They look nice.

For the max-liners, I was initially worried about the rubber being too slick, especially when wet (rains a little around here, in Seattle area ;) ).
After 4 months using them, I no longer have that worry. The traction they have is just fine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I prefer the Honda Factory all weather mats: easier to take in/out to spray off with a hose, very durable/grippy. They get mud and sand on them all the time and look brand new after lots of tough use. The weathertechs are too slippery when wet IMO and have warping/fit issues for some people. ( got front/rear OEM for just over $100 on Amazon)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought the Honda OEMs and they're perfect for me. Pretty sticky for what it's worth. Also fit like a glove and don't need much more protection as I live in SoCal and don't see much dirt unless I take the dirt bikes out. If you are exposing the inside to harsher elements, the OEMs aren't for you. Go weathertech or husky.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Seems I heard the Honda mats were more rubbery, and the WeatherTechs were more plasticity?
I prefer the design of the Weathertechs, but really don't care for the material they use. The WT mats in my G1 were more of a flexible plastic than rubber and they generated a tremendous amount of static electricity. Although the Honda mats do not cover the area under the pedals, the Honda mats on my G2 are much more grippy and feel more like carpet under your feet whereas the WT were stiffer and slicker.

Reactions: longboat

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had Weather Techs in our G1. I bought the Honda mats this time around. I like the Honda mats better. I've not tried other kinds besides WT.. I have had several sets of WT in various vehicles over the years and won't be buying them again.. Don't think they're all they're cracked up to be

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think the Honda OEM mats are about $99 on Amazon for front & back. Weathertech about $155. Reports are that the Weathertech cover more space, as someone mentioned above, and from photos that looks to be correct. whatever you get should be custom fit so you can attach them to the hooks. As to quality, my G1 Ridgeline OEM all-weather mats were still ok after 11 years, don't know if the new ones are as good. Too bad Honda went cheapo and gave us the lousy carpet mats instead of the all-weather mats to start with.
No carpet mats came with mine.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had Weather Techs in our G1. I bought the Honda mats this time around. I like the Honda mats better. I've not tried other kinds besides WT.. I have had several sets of WT in various vehicles over the years and won't be buying them again.. Don't think they're all they're cracked up to be
Same experience here with WT. Many ski trips and no problems with the OEM. They clean up easily and fit tight.

Reactions: Steve70

·
Registered
376 Posts
I prefer the Honda Factory all weather mats: easier to take in/out to spray off with a hose, very durable/grippy. They get mud and sand on them all the time and look brand new after lots of tough use. The weathertechs are too slippery when wet IMO and have warping/fit issues for some people. ( got front/rear OEM for just over $100 on Amazon)
That's what I paid @ dealer with a discount. Got the OEM under-rear-seat mat online for $35.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I have the Huskies (Ridgeline), WeatherTechs (CRV), and Honda AllWeather (CRV, Accord). None are perfect. The WeatherTechs and the Huskies are the best choices for where we live here in snow/salt country. The Honda mats are well made, last forever, fit perfectly and are easy to clean. The problem is that their coverage is poor in the driver's area so everything gets under them and you have a cleaning/mold/odor issue when water freezes and thaws into your carpet. If I lived in the south they would be the easy choice. The Huskies particularly the rear Ridgdeline matt is a great design. Other than that it's a tossup with the Huskies and the WT's. The coverage is great and remember, the Huskies and WT's go over things while the Honda's just go around things. The Huskies and WT's do have fittment issues and the 3 dimensional shapes don't always hold but the bottom line is when I remove the matts, there isn't much to clean on the carpet where with the Honda matts, it takes forever to clean the driver area which really never gets clean.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts