Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting Flowmasters on my RL. I'm sure they will sound great. I had them on an old F150 and loved the rumble. I know they sell the muffler, but I haven't run across anyone who has them on a RL as of yet, and I'm surprised. So I'm asking, does anyone have them? What is your take on performance aspects?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't expect any performance gains but you should definitely gain some sound. If I were gonna do it I think I'd go with a 50 or 60 series. Not really sure how it'd sound with our V6 but I'd sure be interested to see some pics and hear some soundclips if you do it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
sounds like a turd. Have the exhaust place replace your factory muffler with a offset magnaflow stainless muffler and if thats not deep enough have the resonator removed

·
Registered
580 Posts
sounds like a turd. Have the exhaust place replace your factory muffler with a offset magnaflow stainless muffler and if thats not deep enough have the resonator removed

Is that what you have?

Do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you do the whole exhaust system it will give you little better performance not much one of those cone style air intakes will probably give you better performance

I was planning on that too. My old F150 had the K&N Intake and Flowmasters on it, and it sounded great. Of course it was a V8, but it was the 4.6L. I'm planning the same type of mods on my RL. Hopefully it will sound and perform well.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow the flowmaster sounds soo much better then that. The Magnaflow sounds like a Civic fart can!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have flowmaster 50 series on my truck with the resognator removed and an aem intake, i havnt noticed any performance gain however it has a nice rumble for a v6 i have heard the magnaflow and didnt care for it

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a flowmaster and a k+N intake on my V-6 Tacoma prior to buying the Ridgeline. It was fun for a little while but the novelty wore off. I also have a 65 mile round trip to work each day. I think I will leave the Ridgeline stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just had a 50 series with resonator removal and an intake put on and i love it! dosent sound like a ricer but not like a wanna be v-8 either. I think its perfect!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also am thinking of putting a flowmaster delta series 50 on mine (stainless).
I measured the intake pipe to the oem muffler, and it looks like it's 1 7/8"
offset intake / center exit.

I talked to flowmaster, and they are just in the development stages of a
2" intake on stainless. No production run yet. But they will make one for you.
Just a matter of requesting. I am going to call today.

Is this the setup anyone else has used, or have they changed the intake / exit sizes or entrance / exits on muffler?

I also like the idea of removing the resonator for even more tone!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Wow the flowmaster sounds soo much better then that. The Magnaflow sounds like a Civic fart can!

My magnaflow exhaust will destroy you!!!!

My favorite moment was a police officer telling me "that sounds pretty mean guy"

yes it does little blue man, it does indeed

it sounds too bad ass to post a clip of it, listeners may well actually die by hearing it.

·
Registered
11 Posts

My magnaflow exhaust will destroy you!!!!

My favorite moment was a police officer telling me "that sounds pretty mean guy"

yes it does little blue man, it does indeed

it sounds too bad ass to post a clip of it, listeners may well actually die by hearing it.
That looks great! Scare me a little bit! Post a sound byte. I am really on the fence between magnaflow and flowmaster. Both the same way though, without the resonator.
Is that in front of the axle, that would make a huge diff. in sound, much closer to the occupants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts